Spatial M3 Turbo S Crossover Pics

undertowogt1

Spatial M3 Turbo S Crossover Pics
« on: 17 Jun 2017, 08:37 pm »
I could not find a picture of the Spatial M3 Turbo S Crossover network anywhere...................... so I took my own. There was not much slack on the wire but I took the best pics could. I am thinking about "upgrading the wiring to each speaker on the M3 Turbo S.

Also do anyone think there would be a benefit to build the crossover into a box off the speaker itself, I have heard vibration can cause havoc but it could be just a myth?

Any thoughts on wire upgrade or moving the crossover off the speaker are appreciated.

jseymour

Re: Spatial M3 Turbo S Crossover Pics
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jun 2017, 08:52 pm »
Another option is to upgrade your M3 Turbo S to a M3 Triode Master.  I did and I couldn't be happier.  More detail and deeper sound stage were apparent right away.  I also noticed a little later that the bass had a small improvement.  That is probably due to either the better crossover or that the bass responsibilities were lowered by 100Hz. 

If you do any DIY mods your warranty is invalidated.  Having Spatial do it leaves you with a new 20 year warranty.

undertowogt1

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jun 2017, 09:38 pm »
Ahh the warranty, good point. I purchased from a Canadian Distribute so my warranty is 10 years not 20, I know its Lame

BrassEar

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jul 2017, 08:16 pm »
This is a very average looking crossover for such an extreme fanboy speaker. I don't see any high end coils or caps here and they are arranged in a haphazard fashion.

I would just biamp around 800 Hz, 24dB/octave. I have heard this on the M4 and the results were superior in terms of transparency.