A story about 4 IC's and system interaction

Wind Chaser

Re: A story about 4 IC's and system interaction
« Reply #80 on: 22 Sep 2017, 01:57 am »
I had no second thoughts about dolling out $500 for a cable with a money back guarantee. I’m not going to be melodramatic here but holy crap, this is so much different than I expected. Best $500 I ever spent. I expected a 10% or maybe a 20% bump at best. This 30 minute quickie left me in a panic. It was not like replacing the Cerious IC with the Morrow IC and getting that last bit of detail and extension. This was like taking the coat hanger IC’s out and replacing them with liquid smoothness. That cold Modelo on that hot day. Ahhh. Perfect. Way better than lemonade.

Teo Liquid Cables, the Game Changers, are to audio what NZT was to Bradley Cooper in Limitless.

Everything becomes clearer. It all makes sense. I feel justified. Justified in all the music I own. Justified in all the gear I own. Justified in all my hopes and dreams I had for perfect playback. Justified that this was all worth it. Justified that I anguish over this crazy hobby.

Out!

Okay, that's one hell of an endorsement, and something I can relate to... I'd give anything for a hit of NZT. Who wouldn't?

Now to put things into perspective. I'm guessing it will cost me more to buy a balanced 3 meter pair of Game Changers than it will to upgrade my Spatial M3ts to Triode Masters. Should I upgrade my Spatial OBs or should I buy these cables? What would you do? I'm inclined to go for the cables. :wink:  I want all the excellence of DAC carried to my amps. Can't slum with coat hangers when there's the equivalent of street legal NZT to be had.

BRM, I've tried contacting TEO through their website and one of their ads posted on Canuck Audio Mart. It's been a few days and still no response... So if by chance you have a telephone number or alt method of contact, could you please PM it to me?

Thanks - John.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #81 on: 22 Sep 2017, 02:04 am »
My 2nd set of Teo's arrives Tuesday. If things go my way in the next few months I might be tempted to try their speaker cables if I end up with mono-blocks. That would mean the shortest run of SC's they make. If not, I have read that HFC cables mate well in systems with Teo's and those are "cheap" in comparison.

I've got mono blocks en-route. What are these HFC cables you speak of?

Steve

• Industry Participant
  • Retired from designing/man, caring for Mom.
    • SAS Audio Labs (Retired)
« Reply #82 on: 22 Sep 2017, 03:46 am »
With an analog interconnect system, it takes lots & lots of capacitance to roll off the high frequencies (that's mFd not pFd).
The output stage will be unhappy with such a large capacitive load.
Nope, 10 or 20 pFd doesn't change anything.

Please re-read my previous post Speed. It probably won't change the sound, but that is not the point. The point is expectation bias was not a factor since the individuals perceived the sonics as being fuller. Less capacitance will never cause the sound to be fuller in the type of circuit we are dealing with.

I hope that is clearer for ease of understanding.

Cheers

Steve
« Last Edit: 29 Sep 2017, 01:22 am by Steve »

KHotte

• Industry Participant
« Reply #83 on: 22 Sep 2017, 08:04 pm »
Okay, that's one hell of an endorsement, and something I can relate to... I'd give anything for a hit of NZT. Who wouldn't?

Now to put things into perspective. I'm guessing it will cost me more to buy a balanced 3 meter pair of Game Changers than it will to upgrade my Spatial M3ts to Triode Masters. Should I upgrade my Spatial OBs or should I buy these cables? What would you do? I'm inclined to go for the cables. :wink:  I want all the excellence of DAC carried to my amps. Can't slum with coat hangers when there's the equivalent of street legal NZT to be had.

BRM, I've tried contacting TEO through their website and one of their ads posted on Canuck Audio Mart. It's been a few days and still no response... So if by chance you have a telephone number or alt method of contact, could you please PM it to me?

Thanks - John.

Hello John, I have pm'd you with a contact number... I'ma gonna get you to harass Taras -- as he volunteered.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #84 on: 22 Sep 2017, 11:05 pm »
Thank you, much appreciated. Nothing worse than unwanted money.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #85 on: 23 Sep 2017, 12:17 am »
Hello John, I have pm'd you with a contact number... I'ma gonna get you to harass Taras -- as he volunteered.

Ken,

Thanks again, I wasn't able to get through to Taras's, but I did PM you with some very specific questions that hopefully you will be able to answer?  :D

John