SPDIF iPurifier

Tomy2Tone

Re: SPDIF iPurifier
« Reply #20 on: 19 Feb 2017, 11:24 pm »
You must get this right....it is not EARSD40......it is EARSD40AL......a world of difference.  The AL stands for aluminum....there is a 5 mil thick layer on top....the stuff without the aluminum sounds like polymer (plastic like).

You cut and stick on.  It has sticky backing.  You run it between all surfaces....for instance along the IFI body and bend it right angle and run it on to the power connector.  You wrap the ground part of the rca connector with it....well, it does not bend very well but even just wrapping as far as you can will do the job.

EARSD40AL available from Michael Percy Audio....no where else that I know of.

Gotcha, thanks for the explanation.

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #21 on: 19 Feb 2017, 11:25 pm »

You must get this right....it is not EARSD40......it is EARSD40AL......a world of difference.  The AL stands for aluminum....there is a 5 mil thick layer on top....the stuff without the aluminum sounds like polymer (plastic like).

You cut and stick on.  It has sticky backing.  You run it between all surfaces....for instance along the IFI body and bend it right angle and run it on to the power connector.  You wrap the ground part of the rca connector with it....well, it does not bend very well but even just wrapping as far as you can will do the job.

Thanks for that! A quick search using just EARSD40 didn't yield much. Maybe not having the AL on the end didn't help. :duh:
« Last Edit: 21 Feb 2017, 06:49 pm by rajacat »

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #22 on: 24 Feb 2017, 09:27 pm »
Any more feedback on this device? The long break-in period kinda puts me off. If I got one I'd probably try to find something aside from my audio rig for the burn in.

Ric Schultz

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.tweakaudio.com
« Reply #23 on: 24 Feb 2017, 10:03 pm »
Only one person has commented about long burn in.  I found it OK right away and after mods was outrageously good.....no burn in at all in either case.  If it sounds better after 200 hours than OMG>>>>>OMFG!!!!  Mods always trump burn in.  But burn in does exist. 

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Where Home demo rules
« Reply #24 on: 12 Mar 2017, 07:35 pm »
  It sounds VG out of the box. However just better after 200 hours. More open. Rick like the dampening idea. Rick could you post a picture of your efforts ?

charles
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2017, 06:29 pm by rollo »

Ric Schultz

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.tweakaudio.com
« Reply #25 on: 17 Mar 2017, 03:46 am »
I will have pics on my website on how to damp them soon.  I am also offering to mod them by removing the toslink connector and the LED that shows lock/frequency and hardwiring the power supply to the cable going into the Ipurifier (these plus the damping = major/significant improvements).  You can alternatively damp the extra power connector for better sound....but no connector sounds even better.  Damping makes the most difference and it does not void the warrantee.....so I will have close up pics on exactly what to do.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Where Home demo rules
« Reply #26 on: 17 Mar 2017, 07:07 pm »
I will have pics on my website on how to damp them soon.  I am also offering to mod them by removing the toslink connector and the LED that shows lock/frequency and hardwiring the power supply to the cable going into the Ipurifier (these plus the damping = major/significant improvements).  You can alternatively damp the extra power connector for better sound....but no connector sounds even better.  Damping makes the most difference and it does not void the warrantee.....so I will have close up pics on exactly what to do.

Gee wiz what a surprise.  :roll: :lol: Just knew it was coming. Good find however, thanks.

charles

rodge827

• Phil 2:9-11