SOLD PS Audio Digital Link III w/Cullen Stage 3

pgbcincy

SOLD PS Audio Digital Link III w/Cullen Stage 3
« on: 9 Sep 2016, 10:50 pm »
PS Audio Digital Link III w/Cullen Stage 3
New: $1690
Ask: SOLD Delivered (includes shipping in continental US and PayPal fee)
Pay Method: Paypal
Ships from: 45202
Cosmetic: 8/10
Specs:  The DLIII upsamples to the user’s choice of either 96kHz or 192kHz. The DLIII features the latest balanced D to A converter, the TI PCM1798DB at its heart. This generation of 192kHz processors
from Texas Instruments (formerly Burr Brown) features 24-Bit resolution, 123dB dynamic performance,
and its rated THD is just 0.0005%. The circuitry also features differential outputs and an 8 times
oversampling filter.  The DLIII has a 100% discrete analog output stage and IV converter for a warm and rich sound. No op-amps are used in the signal path for the DLIII.
Reason for sale: Spring Audio Cleaning in Summer!
Notes: 2nd Owner
Sonically and functional perfect
Manual and original box
Online Feedback:  pgbcincy (audiogon); zosocincy (ebay)

I tried several DACs as the years rolled but decided to kept the DL III.  Finally spent 3x the price to replace it. 

Link:
http://6moons.com/audioreviews/psaudio6/cullen.html

Any questions, let me know.
Thx!  Paul

« Last Edit: 4 Dec 2016, 01:55 am by pgbcincy »

timind

• permanent vacation
Re: PS Audio Digital Link III w/Cullen Stage 3
« Reply #1 on: 11 Sep 2016, 08:25 pm »
This looks like an excellent deal fro the Cullen modded version as people are still trying to get $400 for the standard DLIII. I used the non-modded version for years and loved it. 

Good luck with sale.

pgbcincy

Re: PS Audio Digital Link III w/Cullen Stage 3
« Reply #2 on: 12 Sep 2016, 01:28 am »
This looks like an excellent deal fro the Cullen modded version as people are still trying to get $400 for the standard DLIII. I used the non-modded version for years and loved it. 

Good luck with sale.

Thank you timind!  :thumb: 

I owned both, I enjoyed the stock version very much too... The Cullen upgrade was definitely a huge step up... Better layering, spacing, dynamics, and just more musical. 

To quote Paul Candy (6 moons reviewer) in the linked review.  “In conclusion, the stock DL III was an impressive performer. It displayed plenty of detail and a warmer tonal balance than I normally hear with modern digital. It's not perfect but for the price I have no serious complaints. Even if it retailed for $2,000, I'd still give it a thumbs up…..The Cullen Circuits Stage Three mod builds upon the fine-sounding stock DL III and takes it up to a level that I'd frankly expect to pay $3,000-$4,000 for. It provided an ideal mix of detail and musicality at a very attractive price. If you own a DL III, call the folks at Cullen and pimp out your DAC. If not, I highly recommend purchasing the Stage Three modded DL III….”

pgbcincy

Re: FS: PS Audio Digital Link III w/Cullen Stage 3
« Reply #3 on: 3 Dec 2016, 08:29 pm »
bump