Ultracapacitor Power Supplies are coming (PURE-DC-4EVR: the MINI and the MEGA) !

Vinnie R.

krbabu

Hi vinnie

I am looking for a pre amp with dsd playback and dac. For my belles audio my 550 monoblocks.

Do you think this pre will suit the amplifier."?

I talked with some other  dealers , they say the amplifier is a custom made one so they recommend only belled la-01 pre amp.

Can I have your comments.

Thanks in advance

Vinnie R.

Hi krbabu,

This thread is for our upcoming PURE-DC-4EVR power supplies (not LIO).

I'm pretty sure you are asking about LIO (configured as a preamplifier):
http://www.vinnierossi.com/lio-preamplifier/

Yes - you certainly can! I highly recommend the AVC/Tubestage or DHT PRE (both have approx. 7dB of voltage
again, as your MB550s have 26dB of gain.  Then you should be able to reach max power of the amps if you wanted to). 

If you have any other questions about this, please email me directly:
http://www.vinnierossi.com/contact/

Thank you,

Vinnie

Duke40

Hi John,

Assuming 2.5A continuous current is enough, I might later do another version of the MINI that works in the 15V - 24V range.
Cost would be a little more (maybe add $295), and it would come later.

It would be good for most of the RWA components as well for those who want to get away from the batteries:

- Isabella preamp
- Isabellina / Bellina and Isabellina/Bellina HPA (dac, dac/headphone amp)
- Ginevra / Analogica (phonostages)
- Sig 15, Sig 16, Sig 30 and 30.2.

[But not Sig 57 or Liliana Monoblocks as those run at closer to 45V and 60V].

Sorry guys.  The MINI is going to just be in Black (it's powder coated aluminum).

For the modular MEGA coming Spring 2017, it will probably be offered in black or silver!

Vinnie

Hi Vinnie, 

Sounds good. Thanks for entertaining the idea of MINI's with a higher voltage.

In the meantime I will get a 12V MINI (for my Aries), once the pre-ordering opens up (hopefully soon).

John

Vinnie R.

All,

Everything is moving right along and parts to build MINIs are coming in!  :hyper:

I am going to make the webpage for MINI pre-ordering this weekend, and it should go live next
week on Monday or Tuesday.  I'll announce it here on this forum and will also send out an email
to everyone on our email list.

http://www.vinnierossi.com/newsletter-registration/

The MINI pre-order period (save $200!) for the first production batch will go from Nov. 1st - Nov. 30th. 

Orders in the queue will begin shipping Dec. 1st and throughout December (depending on where your order
is in the queue).

----

A higher output voltage version of MINI (e.g. can be set from 15Vdc to 24Vdc output) will be highly considered (something
for early 2017) if there is enough interest, so please email me if this is something you would like to see. 

After the pre-order period, the price of the MINI will be $995.  The price of a MINI-HV (higher voltage) will *probably* be
$1295 (it will require a different linear supply, different ultracapacitor board with more caps, different charging circuit rated
to go higher, different Belleson super-regulator for the output, etc.).  It would still be around 2.5A output max.

If/when the MINI-HV is going to happen, I'll definitely post about it here as well!

Thank you for all your interest and continued support!

Vinnie

Duke40

Hi Vinnie,

Details on the connecting cable , will they become available soon ? 
I will be needing the exact example you provided below.

"-  We'll also be offering custom-made power cables to connect between MINI and your product (e.g. 5.5mm / 2.5mm barrel plug, 3 foot long).  Pricing on the cables TBD."

Thanks again.

John

gasron67

Can I use the MEGA to power my Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon amp, Chord 2Qute DAC and Aurender 100L all at the same time? This could be the solution I've been looking for for a long time.

Thanks.

jtwrace

Can I use the MEGA to power my Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon amp, Chord 2Qute DAC and Aurender 100L all at the same time? This could be the solution I've been looking for for a long time.

Thanks.
I'm pretty sure the Cavalli is AC powered; right?  If so, then no.  The MEGA and MINI are for DC powered components. 

Vinnie R.

Thanks.

Hi gasron67,

jtwrace is correct...

BUT - I am also looking into using the MEGA to feed a pure sine wave inverter (could be 120Vac or 240Vac output).
So it would provide isolation from the mains, and output a pure sine wave 120Vac.  It would need to be a very high quality inverter, but
they do exist.  Keep in mind that max output power would be around 100W or so.  You'd have to add up the power draw from all 3 products to see if it is under this amount of power.

This could be great for those who have products that only take an AC input (and don't draw too much power).  Dacs, preamps, headphone amps, small integrated amps, etc. 

The size of the MEGA is most likely going to be around the size of the LIO.  A pure sine wave inverter could sit on top, or next to it...

Vinnie

gasron67

Thanks for enlightening me, jtwrace and Vinnie.

I'm tempted  by the MINI to power my 2Qute DAC but I think I will just wait until the MEGA with the inverter is announced. That way it will power up my headphone rig and I do not have to worry about the various powercable upgrades needed to clean up the power supply.

I do believe the MEGA with pure sine wave inverter will be big hit (MEGA hit :D) with desktop headphone based systems. Thank you for listening and acting upon your customers' needs. More power to you, Vinnie!

Stercom

Hi gasron67,

jtwrace is correct...

BUT - I am also looking into using the MEGA to feed a pure sine wave inverter (could be 120Vac or 240Vac output).
So it would provide isolation from the mains, and output a pure sine wave 120Vac.  It would need to be a very high quality inverter, but
they do exist.  Keep in mind that max output power would be around 100W or so.  You'd have to add up the power draw from all 3 products to see if it is under this amount of power.

This could be great for those who have products that only take an AC input (and don't draw too much power).  Dacs, preamps, headphone amps, small integrated amps, etc. 

The size of the MEGA is most likely going to be around the size of the LIO.  A pure sine wave inverter could sit on top, or next to it...

Vinnie

That would be very cool Vinnie... :thumb: :drool: :drool:

Vinnie R.

Quote from: Vinnie R.
If/when the MINI-HV is going to happen, I'll definitely post about it here as well!

Thank you for all your interest and continued support!

All,

I already decided over the weekend that a 15 - 24Vdc version of the MINI is going to happen, and I already
started on the design.  I probably won't have it available to order until later this year, but it is coming next...

Quote from: gasron67
I do believe the MEGA with pure sine wave inverter will be big hit (MEGA hit :D) with desktop headphone based systems. Thank you for listening and acting upon your customers' needs. More power to you, Vinnie!

Thank you, gasron67!

VR MINI - pre-ordering begins tomorrow.  I'll post a link here tomorrow, and will also send out an email to everyone on our list.

:eyebrows:

Vinnie

poseidonsvoice

• Vector - I've got Direction & Magnitude! Oh Yeah!
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Bipolar (+ and negative rail) option or no?  :scratch:

Thanks,
Anand.

jtwrace

Thanks,
Anand.
What voltage(s) would you want that for?

pl_svn

VR MINI - pre-ordering begins tomorrow.  I'll post a link here tomorrow, and will also send out an email to everyone on our list.

:hyper:  :hyper:  :hyper:

Vinnie: as the owner of a Sig15 I already am on that list, right? :)

Vinnie R.

Thanks,
Anand.

Hi Anand,

Not for the MINI, but it is something I am considering as a module for the MEGA.  I can center-tap
the ultracapacitor banks for this I believe...

Quote from: pl_svn
Vinnie: as the owner of a Sig15 I already am on that list, right? :)

You *should* be, but if you have not received any Vinnie Rossi LIO emails from me in the past, then
that means you are not (so please sign up in that case).

Thanks,

Vinnie

pl_svn

ok, then I already am :)

thanks

Vinnie R.

And here it is!

www.vinnierossi.com/mini

8) 8) 8)

pl_svn

instant purchase  :dance:

jtwrace