Ultracapacitor Power Supplies are coming (PURE-DC-4EVR: the MINI and the MEGA) !

TomS

All,

GOOD NEWS!  I built a VR MINI board and all is working out fine (after some debugging of the firmware).

I will have a prototype VR MINI at RMAF this week (powering a microRendu, and a CD transport) via
it's isolated, silent-switching, ultracapacitor circuit and super-regulated output stage!  8)

After the show, I'll have a better idea on when we'll be taking pre-orders and getting ready for production.

So far, so good!

Vinnie
Congrats! I could slip that right in my suitcase. 2 free bags on Southwest :green:

Vinnie R.

Congrats! I could slip that right in my suitcase. 2 free bags on Southwest :green:

Yeah, but you still would need to get through the TSA.  :cuss:

:green:

Vinnie R.

All,

After a successful showing at RMAF2016, and further testing, I am getting close to starting the pre-ordering
process for the MINI PURE-DC-4EVR.

I plan to begin the pre-order process in 1 - 2 weeks, and will announce it here as well on on the Vinnie Rossi
email list.  If you have not already done so, be sure to subscribe to get the latest announcements and news:
http://www.vinnierossi.com/newsletter-registration/

The pre-orders of the MINI will begin shipping later next month (November), so that is right around the corner!

More soon...

Vinnie

pl_svn

I'm definitely in for a Mini :)
can't wait

Vinnie R.

I'm definitely in for a Mini :)
can't wait

Hi pl_svn,

Welcome to the VR forum!

I'll be posting about the VR MINI pre-ordering next week.  Please join our newsletter to be the first to know:

http://www.vinnierossi.com/newsletter-registration/

Thank you

Vinnie
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2017, 04:44 pm by Vinnie R. »

moussaobeid

Hi Vinnie

So does this design ensure that the Ultracapacitor power supply doesn't kick noise into the AC mains? I want to know if I can plug it to the same power distribution box with my other hifi gear.

Thanks
Moussa

Vinnie R.

Hi Vinnie

So does this design ensure that the Ultracapacitor power supply doesn't kick noise into the AC mains? I want to know if I can plug it to the same power distribution box with my other hifi gear.

Thanks
Moussa

Hi moussaobeid,

Welcome to the VR forum!

Yes, you can plug it into the same power distribution box as your other gear w/o any concerns.  And if any of your other
gear happens to use switching power supplies (or you have noise on your AC from household appliances, dimmers, etc. ), the VR MINI ultracapacitor supply isolates it, and it uses a Belleson super-regulated output stage.

It's based off of the atent-pending PURE-DC-4EVR ultracapacitor power supply, but scaled down for lower voltage/current external applications.

Cheers!

Vinnie
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2017, 04:45 pm by Vinnie R. »

moussaobeid

Thanks Vinnie for the detailed answer, I will be ordering one once it's available.

Val

If the MEGA is limited to 18V DC, that means all 24V products like turntables (I think Rega RP10 is 24V/300mA) are out. Is that correct?

Vinnie R.

If the MEGA is limited to 18V DC, that means all 24V products like turntables (I think Rega RP10 is 24V/300mA) are out. Is that correct?

Hi Val,

Perhaps (still not 100% sure yet on the MEGA's output voltage range), but if there is enough interested in a higher voltage MINI (e.g. 15V - 24V range), I will highly consider it.

Vinnie

Val

Thanks for your answer. I understand you have to weigh several factors for your decision and although for me this is theoretical, I can imagine a full, completely off-the-grid audio system based on LIO and including router, NAS, microRendu and turntable. Wouldn't that be something!

mcanaday

Would it be possible to do one LIO size box that had power supply for LIO *and* one or two other 24v components (turntable or CD player)?  I would definitely get excited about that....

Or another box the size of the existing power supply that could do one 24 v component?

Vinnie R.

Thanks for all your posts and enthusiasm!

Yes, this is all possible.  I'll highly consider offering a 24Vdc output module for the MEGA. 
With MEGA, it will all be modular.  So you can buy a module with the exact output voltage that you need,
and you can add more if needed.  It is going to be very slick!  8)

But first the MINI is coming (3 - 12V, 2.5A continuous) and I hope to open the doors to pre-orders later next week. 

Vinnie

mcanaday

Cool.  Would be very interested in one LIO sized box that could provide power supply for LIO integrated and CD player and turntable.  Glad to know it is possible.  I will standby...

Duke40

Hi Val,

Perhaps (still not 100% sure yet on the MEGA's output voltage range), but if there is enough interested in a higher voltage MINI (e.g. 15V - 24V range), I will highly consider it.

Vinnie

Hi Vinnie,

I'm interested in higher voltage MINI, 19V would be perfect (though anything from 18V to 20V would do).

John

pl_svn

oh, Vinnie, almost forgot...

... hope the Mini will (also) be available in "silver" (natural aluminiun). just to match *everything* else in my system :D

TomS

oh, Vinnie, almost forgot...

... hope the Mini will (also) be available in "silver" (natural aluminiun). just to match *everything* else in my system :D
Matching Corian faceplates would give a few options  :thumb:

pl_svn

Matching Corian faceplates would give a few options  :thumb:

... anything but one more black brick  :P

Vinnie R.

Hi Vinnie,

I'm interested in higher voltage MINI, 19V would be perfect (though anything from 18V to 20V would do).

John

Hi John,

Assuming 2.5A continuous current is enough, I might later do another version of the MINI that works in the 15V - 24V range.
Cost would be a little more (maybe add $295), and it would come later.

It would be good for most of the RWA components as well for those who want to get away from the batteries:

- Isabella preamp
- Isabellina / Bellina and Isabellina/Bellina HPA (dac, dac/headphone amp)
- Ginevra / Analogica (phonostages)
- Sig 15, Sig 16, Sig 30 and 30.2.

[But not Sig 57 or Liliana Monoblocks as those run at closer to 45V and 60V].

... anything but one more black brick  :P

Sorry guys.  The MINI is going to just be in Black (it's powder coated aluminum).

For the modular MEGA coming Spring 2017, it will probably be offered in black or silver!

Vinnie

pl_svn

Sorry guys.  The MINI is going to just be in Black (it's powder coated aluminum).

... where's my sandpaper?  :lol: