I'm definitely in for a Mini
Welcome to the VR forum!
I'll be posting about the VR MINI pre-ordering next week. Please join our newsletter to be the first to know:http://www.vinnierossi.com/newsletter-registration/
----From the info sheet that we gave out at RMAF:The VR MINI (MINI PURE-DC-4EVR) Power Supply
, isolated ultracapacitor power supply with super-regulated output voltage ~
• Output voltage can be set at the factory to any value from 3.3Vdc to 12Vdc *
• 2.5A continuous output current (max) / 5A transient current delivery (< 1 sec.)
• Custom Belleson “SPVR-X” (Super Power, Vinnie Rossi, X = adjustable setting) ‘super-regulated’ output, featuring patented
state- of-the-art regulator technology (< 5uV RMS output noise voltage).
• Built-in linear regulated charging circuit
• Totally silent switching (SS) of the ultracapacitor banks
• Fully isolated output voltage to feed your product
• Banana/Spade/bare wire type output terminals (Red = positive, Black = Negative)
• Fused IEC power input jack. Fused output.
• Black aluminum enclosure with power switch on the front panel
• Size: approx. 6” wide x 7” deep x 3.5” tall
• Warranty: 5-years parts & labor
• Made in the USA
* Output voltage can be later changed (within the 3.3V to 12Vdc range) with a free
factory upgrade to original customers (requires a firmware update and minor hardware change). For second-hand owners, we will still offer this for a service fee.
(We'll also be offering custom-made power cables to connect between MINI and your product (e.g. 5.5mm / 2.5mm barrel plug, 3 foot long). Pricing on the cables TBD)
Vinnie Rossi will begin taking pre-orders for the MINI PURE-DC-4EVR in October 2016 and being shipping by the end of November.
The pre-order price will be $795 + shipping. After that, the regular price will be $995 + shipping.
Replaces the stock “wall-wort” power adapter that is used to feed generally smaller products that input a DC input voltage. For example: the Sonore microRendu and other small computer modules, USB cards, dacs, preamps, headphone amplifiers, and even small amplifiers and other products & DIY projects requiring fairly low DC voltage(s). Even some CD Transports, turntable motors, and field-coil drivers run on DC voltage. Provides isolated, pure DC power!