matching a tube pre amp with my dac classic cherry amp

kedoades

I am on the hunt for a tube pre amp for my classic cherry amp.  I would like some pointers on how to pick a good match.  I know that the input impediance and output impediance is important but I am not sure what the specs should be to match them up.  Other than that is there any other specs I should pay attention to.  By the way I am looking at a musica bella leanna vtps preamp on audiogon has anyone heard that before? thanks

olesno

Re: matching a tube pre amp with my dac classic cherry amp
« Reply #1 on: 3 Aug 2016, 12:05 pm »
I will be selling my ModWright LS36.5, excellent tube preamp.  I posted here about the synergy with my Maraschinos just few weeks ago.  Please PM me if interested.

GRACE RUBY

• Every destiny begins with what we think art is
« Reply #2 on: 20 Aug 2016, 08:05 am »
   I am on the hunt for a tube pre amp for my classic cherry amp.  I would like some pointers on how to pick a good match.  I know that the input impediance and output impediance is important but I am not sure what the specs should be to match them up.  Other than that is there any other specs I should pay attention to.  By the way I am looking at a musica bella leanna vtps preamp on audiogon has anyone heard that before? thanks

I don't know that specs will be a whole lot of help, but they might.

I love getting cut down in my thinking, blown out by all i think i know by a better but kind mind, I hate digital, but now I own three digital amps cause it is as close to Jeff Rowland as i can afford to get. I am humbled, stand corrected, these amps undo all the damage digital does.

You need to try a tube amp on your machine before buying one, truly,  tubes seem to be a great herb for the soup, but they may not like sharing the room with a tube amp, or may love it, there are anomalies with these amps, it seems to me there are three types of sound these days, records, Cd's and digital amps.

You can bet there are a million know it alls like i used to be, who just know a digital amp is a waste of time,
but have never heard a good one.

LIKE I USED TO BE.

I am breaking in a wire called supra 15 gauge, got it on amazon from Denmark I think ?, it is strange, OFC, coated with tin to stop skin effect, zero twists all the way down the line.
it is very tube like, I mean in a big elephant rump way. you may like trying it for a buck a foot.

Mine is breaking in, first 7 minutes of using it were from run out of the house -outer space, worse then 20 dollars a ft shrieking alarm bell ringing audio quest. but it stops complaining as time goes on, THEN HUGE SOFT TUBE LIKE BASS, I suspect about a 200 hour break in, get a tight rotel amp, or old NAD used 1240 may be helpful, Why because weird of weird, Digital amps are slightly self correcting, what a amp was....changes with a hook in to a D amp. I know impossible, but true.I am trying to be helpful, tubes are a maintenance issue. keep the amp away from other electronics, cherry needs to talk about that a whole lot more, no cf lights, had a metal based light near mine, whole world changed when i moved it.

I have one of the most advanced Digital amps in the world, 25 watts, 12 pounds. 2 million 8 hundred thousand plus over sampling, 7th level alpha jump to sigma processing (no one is gonna believe me here, i need to go hide) if company spokesman Mark Knox him self had not told me, i would not believe it. I don't do science project communications, this forum is too huge for me to chase around, ha ha ha  :duh: if you  want to talk more PM me, I may never come back here cause i may never find it, the control board here is too geek. but i would be happy to help, your part of a revolution, look around and smell it, when CD's ruined sound and then digital amps saved it. some day you will tell the kids you where there to see it all happen. these amps chew digital back to analog sound.

I see these new amps all over the net laying on top of tons of EMF smog, pre amps, computers, one I saw on top of a CRT raytheon screen :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

my amp is worlds sensitive to surrounding equipment, for fun, take a 7 x 14 book of say, 300 pages, at page one, put a sheet of tin foil, at page 150 put another sheet of foil with a ground wire soldered in to foil then to wall ground, then at page 300 put another sheet of foil, 1. and 3. not grounded. put that between amp and where ever you lay it. let me know what you get, and remember, same as wire break in, give it 200 hours, tho i think if you have some one do it as you stand back and listen you will have some instant change. tell cherry what you experience.

Folks think they are breaking in a wire, a million miles from truth, you change wire you are re breaking in the whole system to a new micro impedance configuration, plus adjustment in wire EMF on the whole system, as impedance changes in a connection so does its EMF out put.

but heres the best advice ever in a world of compulsive disorders, unless you are one of these furniture buyers i see posting at the 5.1 or 1.5 ???  :scratch: furniture forums who just want 4 boxes, the best way to judge a system is by trying to like it, don't anal ize, try to nod your head to the music, do you get lost, does time and space stop? can you just like it? phook anal-izing the numbers, does it make you happy.  :thumb: :lol: 8) :D  :lol:mean while this supra wire is getting better as i just checked it, but i have no idea how the whole system adjust will be, right now the bass is over rich, but instruments are starting to individualize them selves all over the room and fade to blur again, and/but the tube sound is steady. I dipped ends in boiling "wonder solder"  after scrapping wire terminations with a knife 20 times to put teeth in the tin.   :thumb:

GRACE RUBY
aka village idiot
But i am your village idiot :lol:

Remember when women did not dress for city combat, yum
« Last Edit: 20 Aug 2016, 12:10 pm by GRACE RUBY »

kedoades

« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2016, 04:13 pm »
  well there was another allnic l1500 tube preamp for sale and this time I made an offer on it.  It is fully balanced and is said to have a smooth mellow sound.  I hope to get this one to pair with my cherry amp

Bill Baker

• Musica Bella Audio - Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #4 on: 27 Apr 2017, 04:00 pm »
Hello kedoades.
 I wanted to check in with you and see how the preamp was doing in your system.