Vinnie Rossi LIO DHT Preamp Tube Tour 2016

matthewpartrick

• thecluelessaudiophile.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile

poseidonsvoice

• Vector - I've got Direction & Magnitude! Oh Yeah!
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
Re: Vinnie Rossi LIO DHT Preamp Tube Tour 2016
« Reply #41 on: 10 Jan 2017, 02:07 am »
A link to my article for Steven Stone on AudiophileReview.com at least in part about LIO tube rolling:

http://audiophilereview.com/tubes/a-guitarists-aural-recall-and-tube-rolling-part-one.html

http://audiophilereview.com/tubes/a-guitarists-aural-recall-and-tube-rolling-part-two.html

Cool magazine, thanks for sharing. I hope to read some of it during my down time although the net is saturated with tons of zines...

Best,
Anand.

jtwrace

« Reply #42 on: 10 Jan 2017, 02:08 am »
Since I read your bio does that mean if I come fix your µRendu you take me diving?   :green: :green: :green:

matthewpartrick

• thecluelessaudiophile.com
    • The Clueless Audiophile
« Reply #43 on: 11 Jan 2017, 02:25 am »
Since I read your bio does that mean if I come fix your µRendu you take me diving?   :green: :green: :green:

Yes no problem!  I "feel" the microrendu's problem is the network and the power supply, not the device itself.  I'm trying a new power supply which is helping, and may be removing the network issue by running a hardline ethernet from the NAS to the device, but it seems to me the microrendu may be taking a back seat in my system to a more fire-and-forget streamer.  I literally cannot hear the difference between the MR and the RPi3 that I built, so either my hearing sucks (ignorance is bliss) or there's not that much difference. 

Anyhoo you're always welcome to come dive the Vandenberg with me!  Look me up if you ever get to the Keys.