Audio Party with Lampizator, Vinnie Rossi, BorderPatrol & Volti Audio, May 21

Triode Pete

I plan on hosting another Rave-type audio party on Saturday, May 21st at my home (Zip is 11758).  Doors open at 1 PM.

If any AC members living in the NYC Metro area are interested in attending, please PM me to RSVP by May 15th.  Since members from the Audio Syndrome and former NY Rave audio clubs are invited to this meeting, it is essential to determine the number of people attending, to ensure enough food is provided.  Attendees are encouraged to bring appetizers, desserts, and beverages.

Special guests include AC Site sponsors "Berto", Rob R. and "Gopher", Fred A., from Lampizator NA. They will be bringing their "top of the line" world-renowned Lampizator Golden Gate DAC.

Another special guest will be AC Site sponsor Vinnie Rossi. Vinnie will be bringing his incredibly innovative Vinnie Rossi LIO – Ultracapacitor-Powered, Integrated Amplifier. Details below-
- LIO Directly Heated Triode Linestage (LIO DHT PRE):
Class-A, OTL, zero-feedback and “convertible” DHT triode linestage allowing for use with  2A3 / 45, 300B, PX4 / PX25, 101D / 205D, and SV811 / SV572 triode families.
- LIO DSD/PCM DAC:  PCM 32-bit / 384kHz, DSD64 and DSD128.  Dual-mono AKM d/a converters
- LIO Phonostage:  Class-A, zero-feedback JFET design with MC step-up transformers
- LIO MOSFET Amplifier:  Class AB, 25wpc / 8-ohms, 45wpc / 4-ohms, 65wpc / 2-ohms

Still another special VIP guest will be Gary Dews, owner of BorderPatrol Audio Electronics, building the finest low-powered SET & push-pull amps of the planet! My main system has BorderPatrol's S10 EXD 300B SET amplifier with dual choke input-filtered EXD power supplies.

Main system: Vintage Rosewood Klipschorns with Volti Audio Full upgrades.  Loesch & Wiesner Tube Phono & Line Stage Pre-amp with dual monoblock tube regulated power supplies.  BorderPatrol S10 EXD 300B SET amplifier with dual choke input-filtered EXD monoblock power supplies   Well Tempered Reference Turntable with Clearaudio Maestro 2 cartridge.  Goldenote Stibbert 6DJ8 tube CD player.  Lampizator Golden Gate DAC.  PI Audio Group UberBUSS power conditioner. Triode Wire Labs cable loom. 

Smaller room system: Vintage 12" Tannoy Gold Dual Concentrics in Custom Tannoy MusicSeeker Cherry Cabinets (tuned port down to 26 Hz).  Vinnie Rossi LIO DHT PRE. PI Audio Group UberBUSS power conditioner.  Triode Wire Labs cable loom.  Vinnie will be bringing his laptop with plenty of music!

As if two systems isn’t enough sonic fun, there will be a third system in the garage (Dahlquist & Polk monitors).  That system can be set up outside, weather permitting... or perhaps a 4th system to be set-up - TBD!!!

Once again, please PM me to RSVP & for my home address.

For those who wish to use Mass Transit (Long Island Railroad (LIRR)), the Massapequa train station is less than two miles from the party.  Try to arrange a pickup from the station prior to the meeting date with fellow AC members, or as a last resort, inform me to arrange a pickup. 

Rave on,
Pete
« Last Edit: 6 May 2016, 10:34 pm by Triode Pete »

roscoe65

Hi Pete,

I'm up in Huntington and would love to stop by.

Randy

Triode Pete

Hi Pete,

I'm up in Huntington and would love to stop by.

Randy

Hey Randy,
You're more than welcome to attend! PM sent with info!

Cheers,
Pete

arthurs

Holy crap what a great event. I'd love to make that but still unsure of my travel that week. You should take that show on the road to Texas!!!  :thumb:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com

2 more weeks!  :dance:

BobM

Pete has a pool, so bring your trunks if it's a hot and sunny day. But no swimming with the Lio!

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Wish I was able to attend.   :cry:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Pete has a pool, so bring your trunks if it's a hot and sunny day. But no swimming with the Lio!

I don't think I'll be able to have a water-proof enclosure ready in time  :green:

Triode Pete

In addition to our esteemed guests, George Lenz from TubesUSA (http://www.tubesusa.com/) will be bringing a 4th system to the Audio Party, a Headphone set-up, including an Arcturus 316A amplifier (with two headphone inputs), a TentLabs CD player with his laptop (2 sources). George also plans on bringing his "state of the art" Amplitrex Tube Tester, for those who wish to test their tubes!

Tubes Rule!

Cheers,
Pete

findog3103

Too bad I have to miss it. Would love to hear the beasts. Enjoy!

Gopher

Wow!  This is really shaping up to be a epic event. 

Aside from making a world class product, Pete is a world class host!   :thumb:

Triode Pete

One week from today!

Anyone else interesting in attending, please let me know ASAP!

Cheers,
Pete

Triode Pete

T-24 hours & counting...  :banana piano:

Blackmore

As the GAS circle guys say, "Pics or it didn't happen"  This is a drool worthy event.  :green:

TomS

Wish I could make this one as I travel to NJ for work quite often, but nothing planned this time.

Hopefully Vinnie's sinus troubles clear up before the trip  :thumb:

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Wish I could make this one as I travel to NJ for work quite often, but nothing planned this time.

Hopefully Vinnie's sinus troubles clear up before the trip  :thumb:

All,

I regret that I'm still not out of the woods yet with my sinus / ear infecton and will not
be able to make it down to Pete's today.  I'm bummed because I was  really looking
forward to this one.  :(

I hope you guys have a great time and post pics.

Pete - I'll see you at the Newport show in 2 weeks. 

Vinnie

Lissnr

Hey Pete, You out did yourself this time! Great party! Terrific food, lots of good conversation with plenty of audio friends and some new acquaintances...Not to mention all the music...Your system has never sounded better (which is saying a lot because its been outstanding). The Lampizator equipment was truly amazing (special thanks to Rob and Fred for their generous time and efforts) and I know a good time was had by all. Sounds like this has now become an annual tradition and THE summer kick off not to miss. Thanks again!  :D

Triode Pete

All,

I regret that I'm still not out of the woods yet with my sinus / ear infecton and will not
be able to make it down to Pete's today.  I'm bummed because I was  really looking
forward to this one.  :(

I hope you guys have a great time and post pics.

Pete - I'll see you at the Newport show in 2 weeks. 

Vinnie

Hey Vinnie,
You were missed! We had a blast! Mr. Dews (Gary from BorderPatrol) and my family stayed up until after 2 AM, spinning vinyl & playing cards... Over 13 hours of audio bliss...

Oh, we saved you some leftovers...

See you in Newport!
Pete

Triode Pete

Hey Pete, You out did yourself this time! Great party! Terrific food, lots of good conversation with plenty of audio friends and some new acquaintances...Not to mention all the music...Your system has never sounded better (which is saying a lot because its been outstanding). The Lampizator equipment was truly amazing (special thanks to Rob and Fred for their generous time and efforts) and I know a good time was had by all. Sounds like this has now become an annual tradition and THE summer kick off not to miss. Thanks again!  :D

Hey Lissnr - It was a pleasure to have you over... It was a blast to see everyone!

A picture of LampizatOr NA reps, berto (left) & gopher (right)

Some the audiophiles!

More of the audiophiles in action!

Cheers,
Pete

dflee

I see a road trip in my future.
How bout some system pics.

Don