Wow, Chord 2Qute DAC

kpanyers

Wow, Chord 2Qute DAC
« on: 29 Apr 2016, 10:20 pm »
My MF Trivista SACD died and decided to go disk free and bought a Chord 2Qute to play audio files instead.  DAC technology has come so far over the years!  Comparatively the 2Qute is much cheaper but wow the sound is so much better, really surprised, on regular CDs.  Presumably the same applies to SACDs and dsd audio files.  Now I just need to find a way to rip by SACDs.

DZetye

Re: Wow, Chord 2Qute DAC
« Reply #1 on: 1 May 2016, 07:29 pm »
The Chord Mojo at $599 is better at rebook CD than my $4000 Levinson #36 I bought some years back

Bemopti123

« Reply #2 on: 1 May 2016, 08:29 pm »
The Chord Mojo at $599 is better at rebook CD than my $4000 Levinson #36 I bought some years back

I agree with the assessment that the MOJO is a giant slayer...but I do not know about redbook DACs that are 4K....The only one I have compared it with is my Rega DAC MKI....which the MOJO clearly beats....I do not know what exactly Chord does but it must be a combination of DAC research as well as that battery powered combination. 

No need to spend more than $599 for one of the most exciting sounding DACs around.....Exciting is something that I often do not associate with the sound of DACs...which to me should just deliver what the recording engineer originally intended BUT the MOJO adds that dose of excitement to a selection. 

paul79

• Industry Participant
« Reply #3 on: 1 May 2016, 09:01 pm »
Ya, for PCM, the 2Qute is a bad mofo.

Nick77

« Reply #4 on: 1 May 2016, 09:03 pm »
Ya, for PCM, the 2Qute is a bad mofo.

Yup! Especially with a killer LPS.  :thumb:

25x

« Reply #5 on: 1 May 2016, 09:17 pm »
What LPS do you use with the 2Qute? Is the LPS slightly difference or "night and day"?
I´m very interested in this DAC but not sure which accessory would be needed additional or makes sense.

Nick77

« Reply #6 on: 1 May 2016, 11:09 pm »
What LPS do you use with the 2Qute? Is the LPS slightly difference or "night and day"?
I´m very interested in this DAC but not sure which accessory would be needed additional or makes sense.

I built my own for less than $200 with quality parts. For me it was night and day, the bass definition went thru the roof.

http://www.amb.org/audio/sigma11/

« Last Edit: 2 May 2016, 12:20 am by Nick77 »

kpanyers

« Reply #7 on: 7 May 2016, 01:25 pm »
The bass is really good, I now hear details in the bass I never knew existed when playing from the Trivista SACD player.  Am still to find some good DSD files I know for a comparison.