giving Yaqin a try

restrav

Re: giving Yaqin a try
« Reply #40 on: 25 Apr 2016, 08:26 pm »
the driver is the reference dayton audio 4 inch full range. and may i say that the midrange is delicious :)

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #41 on: 25 Apr 2016, 08:29 pm »
Its a DIY speaker?
There is a woofer?

restrav

« Reply #42 on: 25 Apr 2016, 08:31 pm »
it is a one off.

there is no subwoofer now. but i do need one eventually. i mean there is hardly anything bellow 70 coming out of it. doesnt bother me much but i will get to it at some point.

restrav

« Reply #43 on: 25 Apr 2016, 08:55 pm »
Its a DIY speaker?
There is a woofer?

did you see the pictures?

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #44 on: 25 Apr 2016, 09:00 pm »
did you see the pictures?
No, there is no speaker pic in this topic.

restrav

« Reply #45 on: 25 Apr 2016, 09:02 pm »

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #46 on: 25 Apr 2016, 09:06 pm »
OK, nice enclousure Thanks.

restrav

« Reply #47 on: 30 Apr 2016, 04:13 pm »
So this seems to be checking all the roght boxes. any last advice?

·        Tubes:                          EL34B × 4 (Output Tubes)
                                           6J1 × 8 (Voltage amplifiers and drivers)
·        Maximum Output:        50W per channel (8Ω)
·        Output Jacks:               Two channels with two groups of gold plated jacks
·        Output Impedance:     4Ω - 8Ω
·        Earphone Impedance: 32Ω
·        Input Sensitivity:          0.25V (1KHz)
·        Input Jacks:                  Four groups of gold plated isolated RCA jacks (AUX1 – AUX4)
·        Distortion of Harmonic Wave: ≤1.6% (at 1KHz)
·        Frequency Response:         5Hz ~ 75KHz
·        Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >88dB (A Weight)
·        Remote Controller: Infrared control and powered by 2 AAA batteries
·        Supply Voltage:           AC 115V, 60Hz
·        Power Consumption: 180W
·   Dimension:                   33cm(W) x 43cm(D) x 21cm(H)
·        Net Weight:                  20kg
·        Shipping Dimension:  52cm x 43cm x 33cm
·        Shipping Weight:         22kg

Features
·        Infrared remote control for volume adjustment and input selections;
·   TR/UL (Triode and Ultra Linear modes) switches on the front panel;
·        Earphone jack on the front panel;
·        External bias adjustment;
·        High DC voltage delay circuit to protect tubes;
·        Class A push-pull power amplifier to reduce distortion;
·        Output transformers manufactured with Japanese silicon steel sheet and high-quality enamelled wire, which offer a wide dynamic range at full rated output;
·        Utilizes the audiophile capacitors and high quality metal precision resistors dedicated for audio frequency;
·        Applies special potentiometer as volume controller with low noise, and durable;
·        Beautiful heavy duty chassis. Aluminum chassis top, front panel, and bezels, stainless steel chassis, and steel bottom;

Dual power supply voltages are available on this unit, 115VAC for North America, 230VAC for Asia and Europe. The unit is preset at factory for using with 115VAC.

The replacements of 6J1 tubes are EF95, 6AK5, and 5654.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAQIN-MS-30L-EL34-Push-Pull-Integrated-Stereo-Tube-Amplifier-/141971971554?hash=item210e305de2:g:jM0AAOSw~OdVcHh-

Factorz

« Reply #48 on: 30 Apr 2016, 05:36 pm »
That is the unit I owned and like I said it was a great unit. If I wanted to be picky it would be the fact I didn't find it easy to find good tubes to replace the 6J1 tubes, but I might have not been looking in the right direction. If you haven't check out this seller I suggest you do. He buys from Yaqin and then rebrands it Silk. Great seller and super easy to deal with.

http://stores.ebay.com/Silk-Audio?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Bob2

• De gustibus non est disputandum
« Reply #49 on: 30 Apr 2016, 07:46 pm »
That  should be a really good amp! The seller is very good to deal with. Th 6J1's should last a good long time. Mine are still going and test very good.

This amp is the latest version of my MS 20 L.

restrav

« Reply #50 on: 1 May 2016, 06:16 pm »
That  should be a really good amp! The seller is very good to deal with. Th 6J1's should last a good long time. Mine are still going and test very good.

This amp is the latest version of my MS 20 L.

how much heat does it produce? i have never had a class A amp. how hot are we talking? specially with summer coming and I living in the south, i need to have an idea.

Factorz

« Reply #51 on: 1 May 2016, 06:35 pm »
I didn't think it was anything crazy in terms of heat.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #52 on: 1 May 2016, 06:54 pm »
how much heat does it produce? i have never had a class A amp. how hot are we talking? specially with summer coming and I living in the south, i need to have an idea.
I think every EL34 or KT 88 dissipates 50/60W of heat, no less than 40W.

restrav

« Reply #53 on: 1 May 2016, 07:17 pm »
oh wow that's a lot of heat. The Yamaha is always just cool. even after playing for 3 hours straight at high volume.
im going crazy trying to decide. im scared that its gonna be no different sound and so much heat that i wont be able to comfortably use it and also there is no returning it since the seller does not accept returns under any circumstance.

here is the setup right now. it's way better than anything ive had before. but still sounds digital. I want more of that euphonic quality that i sometimes hear with tube amps.

right now this is the setup

the amp is yamaha S501
the DAC is LKS DA003

what if end up worse than i am now?!!!

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #54 on: 1 May 2016, 07:30 pm »
There is no tube sound without heat, these popular Pentodes as EL34 built in little heat, other tubes are hotter 6C33=80W, GM70=180W.

restrav

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #57 on: 1 May 2016, 09:05 pm »
I would prefer the monoblocks Artemis it looks nicer:
Triode and Pentode,
Monoblock status,
Switchable feedback 6dB / 9dB,
Resistors tolerance 1% (very rare feature if true)
Too bad it use PCBs and dont have volume control needed a preamp or a source with volume, also the chassis looks simpler than the Yaqin, looks expensive at $1,106.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer

maty

« Reply #59 on: 1 May 2016, 09:31 pm »
Minotaur Direct-Coupled Hybrid Integrated Amplifier

-> https://tavishdesign.com/products/minotaur

The Minotaur is a predominantly-vacuum-tube amplifier, direct-coupled to a transistor output stage. The design uses 7 vacuum tubes to handle the input, voltage gain, and driver stages of the amplifier. The high-bias class-AB (linear, non-switching) output stage uses the well-regarded MJL3281 and MJL1302 devices in a modified Sziklai configuration for outstanding linearity, and it operates in pure class-A up to either 1W or 5 W per channel (user selectable)...

Features

Vacuum-tube signal path with a transistor output stage
    7-tube direct-coupled design, from input stage to output
    High-bias class-AB output stage delivers first critical watts (up to 5W/ch, user selectable) in pure class A
    140 W/ch 8 ohms | 220 W/ch 4 ohms
    Classic ALPS "blue-velvet" motorized potentiometer and 5 relay-selected inputs with C&K LED pushbutton switches
    Optional balanced XLR inputs offer true balanced operation with >120 dB common-mode rejection at 60Hz
    Cool wireless remote control; no need to point, works anywhere in the house
    Tempered Glass Window
    Massive linear (non-switching) power supplies with 108,000 uF filter capacitance and low-noise, US-made toroidal transformers
    30 Amp peak output current capability
    320 Volt regulated high voltage supplies operate the tubes in their most linear region
    Designed and made by hand in USA
    6 year limited warranty

and... 30 days trial