Sonore microRendu - Ethernet to USB output

vortecjr

• Facilitator
  • the sound has to be in concert with the music....
    • Sonore by Simple Design
« on: 17 Apr 2016, 06:56 pm »

DESCRIPTION
The Sonore microRendu is an audiophile micro computer with Ethernet input and USB Audio output. The microRendu utilizes a propietary printed circuit board with only the essential components. The microRendu is small and light weight. Connect the microRendu directly to your USB device via a USB cable or hard adapter eliminateing the need for a USB cable. Don't let the size fool you though because it's been designed to take into consideration all that is important to USB Audio. The microRendu is easy to configure and can accept audio streams from several digital sources.

What makes the microRendu different from a typical computer music server is that it's a purpose built audiophile device. The problem with computer music servers is that they all rely on mass produced motherboards designed for general purpose computing and are built to the lowest possible price point. The microRendu solves this problem by removing the consumer grade computer peripherals and optimizing power supplies where nessesary. The microRendu has been specifically built for processing USB audio perfectly. You can also combine the microRendu with an audiophile grade linear power supply to achieve the lowest possible noise floor.

SELECTABLE OUTPUT MODES - Sonicorbiter 2.5
Mode #1 - SqueezeLite Output - This output works with any Logitech Media Server and compatible controllers. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM and DSD/DoP.

Mode #2 - ShairPort Output - This is an AirPlay emulator that utilizes streams sent to it from a compatible source. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM.

Mode #3 - MPD/DLNA Output:
Mode #3a - DLNA Output - This output utilizes streams from UPNP/DLNA servers and controllers. This output can be configured as an OpenHome renderer. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
Mode #3b - MPD Output - This output is intended to work with a SMB mount. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD. This option requires a USB drive with your content in combination with the built in Drive Mounter application.
Mode #3c - Songcast Output - This output accepts streams from your computer running Linn Songcast. The application is in Beta form.

Mode #4 - HQ Player NAA Output - This output utilizes streams from Signalyst's HQ Player running on your computer. Digital signal processing is performed by HQ Player and then asynchronously streamed to the Network Audio Adapter (NAA) output. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

Mode #5 - RoonReady Output - This output utilizes streams from Roon. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

Mode #6 - Spotify Connect Output - This output can be controlled by your computer or tablet running the Spotify application.

AVAILABILITY
MSRP 640 USD
www.sonore.us
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2017, 02:04 pm by vortecjr »

TomS

Re: Sonore microRendu - Ethernet to USB output
« Reply #1 on: 17 Apr 2016, 08:22 pm »
I'm looking forward to getting one of these in the system with the LIO. It seemed to work flawlessly at Axpona this weekend in Vinnie's rooms  :thumb:

zybar

« Reply #2 on: 17 Apr 2016, 09:02 pm »
I'm looking forward to getting one of these in the system with the LIO. It seemed to work flawlessly at Axpona this weekend in Vinnie's rooms  :thumb:

+1

George

Servingthemusic.com

« Reply #3 on: 17 Apr 2016, 11:17 pm »

DESCRIPTION
The Sonore microRendu is an audiophile micro computer with Ethernet input and USB Audio output. The microRendu utilizes a propietary printed circuit board with only the essential components. The microRendu is small and light weight. Connect the microRendu directly to your USB device via a USB cable or hard adapter eliminateing the need for a USB cable. Don't let the size fool you though because it's been designed to take into consideration all that is important to USB Audio. The microRendu is easy to configure and can accept audio streams from several digital sources.

What makes the microRendu different from a typical computer music server is that it's a purpose built audiophile device. The problem with computer music servers is that they all rely on mass produced motherboards designed for general purpose computing and are built to the lowest possible price point. The microRendu solves this problem by removing the consumer grade computer peripherals and optimizing power supplies where nessesary. The microRendu has been specifically built for processing USB audio perfectly. You can also combine the microRendu with an audiophile grade linear power supply to achieve the lowest possible noise floor.

SELECTABLE OUTPUT MODES
Mode #1 - SqueezeLite Output - This output works with any Logitech Media Server and compatible controllers. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM and DSD/DoP.

Mode #2 - ShairPort Output - This is an AirPlay emulator that utilizes streams sent to it from a compatible source. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM.

Mode #3 - MPD/DLNA Output:
Mode #3a - DLNA Output - This output utilizes streams from UPNP/DLNA servers and controllers. This output can be configured as an OpenHome renderer. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.
Mode #3b - MPD Output - This output is intended to work with a SMB mount. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD. This option requires a USB drive with your content in combination with the built in Drive Mounter application.

Mode #4 - HQ Player NAA Output - This output utilizes streams from Signalyst's HQ Player running on your computer. Digital signal processing is performed by HQ Player and then asynchronously streamed to the Network Audio Adapter (NAA) output. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

Mode #5 - RoonReady Output - This output utilizes streams from Roon. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

AVAILABILITY
Coming soon, MSRP 640 USD
www.sonore.us

Jesus, do you know what the live date is? Thanks.

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 18 Apr 2016, 11:21 am »
We are steaming along and it's coming soon.

Servingthemusic.com

« Reply #5 on: 18 Apr 2016, 01:55 pm »
We are steaming along and it's coming soon.
Thank you sir!

vonnie123

« Reply #6 on: 18 Apr 2016, 11:54 pm »
Looks great....looking forward to them coming to market.  Has the general production run begun?  Or will these be trickled out slowly....

toddc2

• Fritos? No thanks, we prefer shoes...
« Reply #7 on: 19 Apr 2016, 10:41 pm »
Jesus,

This product looks great! Do you have any plans to make a similar RoonReady device with I2S out?

Todd

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 20 Apr 2016, 12:48 am »
Looks great....looking forward to them coming to market.  Has the general production run begun?  Or will these be trickled out slowly....

Yes. We are going to try to keep up with demand, but there will be some wait times from time to time.

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 20 Apr 2016, 12:49 am »
Jesus,

This product looks great! Do you have any plans to make a similar RoonReady device with I2S out?

Todd
Thanks. No on an i2s output.

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #10 on: 1 May 2016, 02:51 am »
Some updates:

The microRendu is currently on sales at www.sonore.us

jtwrace

« Reply #11 on: 1 May 2016, 03:24 am »
Some updates:

The microRendu is currently on sales at www.sonore.us

Ordered!   :thumb:

Looking forward to getting it (whenever that is).   :green:

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #12 on: 1 May 2016, 10:55 am »
Awesome...thank you and enjoy!

rif

• Not a cowboy or a dog owner
« Reply #13 on: 1 May 2016, 03:06 pm »
Can you explain a little about the basics, im new to streaming.

Do i hook this up to my home network, it gets an ip address from my dhcp server, finds some music files on my network, and outputs the audio on a usb port?  So i can hook up a usb dac to it?

-david

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 1 May 2016, 04:13 pm »
Can you explain a little about the basics, im new to streaming.

Do i hook this up to my home network, it gets an ip address from my dhcp server, finds some music files on my network, and outputs the audio on a usb port?  So i can hook up a usb dac to it?

-david

Assuming you have a USB DAC...how do you play to it now? What do you use as a player? JRiver, Roon, LMS, iTunes, or something else?

rif

« Reply #15 on: 1 May 2016, 04:17 pm »
Im still in the dark ages - i listen to CDs using the cd playwr digital out into the DACs rca or toslink input.  When i do use the usb, im hooking it up to my laptop where i have some music on the hard drive, using foobar.

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #16 on: 1 May 2016, 05:13 pm »
Foobar2000 could be used with the unit in DLNA output mode. You would have to load the Foobar2000 DLNA output plug-in. This would allow the computer to be elsewhere in your home while the microRendu is dedicated to the audio system.

rif

« Reply #17 on: 1 May 2016, 05:24 pm »
Ah!  I think i get it.  The computer with the music and foobar can be anywhere, as long as its on the network.  I can then use something like Nomachine to remotely control that computer from my tablet .  And the micoRendu is hooked up to my network through its rj45 port and into my audio system through its usb (and into my usb dac).

Thats a very usefull device!

Syrah

« Reply #18 on: 2 May 2016, 01:04 am »
I ordered one to my hotel room in Miami, where I will be on May 20th only.  Will it not make it there in time? I assumed (maybe wrongly) that these were ready to ship.

Thanks.

zybar

« Reply #19 on: 3 May 2016, 08:38 pm »
Mine is up and running!!   :dance: :dance:

Installation was a breeze and just took a few minutes.

I am using the microRendu with Roon.

Will post later on the sonics vs. my purpose built computer I had been using.

George