Perfect Storm review, plus Cirrus and Arcus

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Perfect Storm review, plus Cirrus and Arcus
« on: 13 Jul 2015, 01:15 am »
http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/speaker-subwoofer-reviews/127042-vapor-audio-perfect-storm-speaker-review.html#post1251698

What an honor this was!  Not because somebody wanted to review our speakers, but because they wanted to so badly that they took it upon themselves to hop in the car, drive hours, and stay with me for a few days.  Wayne and Dennis from HTShack have become fans of ours from the years of running into each other at shows.  When they heard the PS at Axpona, they hatched the plan of driving here to spend time with them.  These guys are dedicated, and doing it solely for the love of the hobby and their craft. 

I would wager that in the 3 days they were here, Wayne spent more time listening and taking notes than most reviewers do while having product in their home for months.  That's not a shot at other reviewers, but a compliment for Wayne.  He has an excellent ear as well.  His focus forced me to focus as well, and I even learned more about what the PS is capable of.

It was a fun few days, I'm delighted we were able to make it happen! 

jhm731

Re: Perfect Storm review, plus Cirrus and Arcus
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2015, 03:13 am »
Great review.

I don't who the B-52s are, but it's nice to know Wayne thought they sounded good on the PS. 8)

JohnR

« Reply #2 on: 13 Jul 2015, 05:00 am »
Rock Lobster.

GentleBender

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jul 2015, 09:18 am »
Oh my, "Rock Lobster" is awesome and can really make a set of speakers work! :thumb:

dpatters

« Reply #4 on: 13 Jul 2015, 12:22 pm »
Congrats Ryan!! That's a great review :thumb:

Don P.

Folsom

« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2015, 10:59 pm »
I'm honored that my little amplifier was used in this review. Honestly, I had no idea sending it for you to have a listen would be so rewarding.

But as I mentioned, I'm totally jealous of Wayne's fun. Your speakers sound like they're something everyone should wish to attain. That review left out fluff, and the guy can tell you when placement alone is an issue... He's got the ears and experience to tell you when a speaker is good, and this is praise.

spreadspectrum

« Reply #6 on: 14 Jul 2015, 11:44 pm »
Agree, great review and nice writeup!  I particularly like the comments on the Cirrus... reminds of setting up the Joule in a larger room.  Plunk 'em down and they just make magic.

sharpsuxx

• "I guess live music is a healthy addiction." CT
« Reply #7 on: 15 Jul 2015, 01:11 pm »
What a write up, it seems like these guys were in marvel at your products like my 16 month old is amazed by the world.  They came to see your flagship and were blown away by your best seller, don't get me wrong I want a perfect storm (HARD) but there is not a day in my life I regret buying my Cirrus.  I can't wait to hear those behemoths.