Adjustable Impedance

TheMonkey

Re: Adjustable Impedance
« Reply #80 on: 4 Nov 2017, 03:38 pm »
Thank you Morten!

The Rev 1015 is working very good so far!  :D  All the 10 impedance settings are working very nicely even though it sometimes hangs in the stage just before the AutoCal starts (where it on my one says 18 on the left display and moves around 0-4 on the right display before it settles), a simple kill the power and restart the AutoCal seems to work ok.

Concerning this improved responsiveness:

" * Tweak - This update improved the responsiveness of the controller to inputs from the Apple Remote and also corrects a minor error in how the preamp responded to repeat commands when user held down the certain buttons on the remote. As a result of this update the controller reacts faster to Apple command especially repeat commands when buttons are held down. Time will tell if the faster response is desirable to end-users or if it proves to be too rapid and may need to be slowed down a tad in a future update.  "

I would say it's too rapid now. Somewhere in the middle between how it was before and now would be good.  :D

I still got some problems with the remote. By now I have changed to more than 10 different Apple ID numbers and paired the remote again. I'm still having problems/interference with other remotes though. Mostly the repetitive commands. With this newly improved responsiveness, things are getting a bit worse for me since it's mostly raising the volume on my V25s and doing that very fast now and I've got a quite strong power amp...  :scratch:

/ Simon

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Handcrafted high performance audio gear
    • Tortuga Audio
Re: Adjustable Impedance
« Reply #81 on: 5 Nov 2017, 10:13 pm »
Thank you Morten!

The Rev 1015 is working very good so far!  :D  All the 10 impedance settings are working very nicely even though it sometimes hangs in the stage just before the AutoCal starts (where it on my one says 18 on the left display and moves around 0-4 on the right display before it settles), a simple kill the power and restart the AutoCal seems to work ok.

Concerning this improved responsiveness:

" * Tweak - This update improved the responsiveness of the controller to inputs from the Apple Remote and also corrects a minor error in how the preamp responded to repeat commands when user held down the certain buttons on the remote. As a result of this update the controller reacts faster to Apple command especially repeat commands when buttons are held down. Time will tell if the faster response is desirable to end-users or if it proves to be too rapid and may need to be slowed down a tad in a future update.  "

I would say it's too rapid now. Somewhere in the middle between how it was before and now would be good.  :D

I still got some problems with the remote. By now I have changed to more than 10 different Apple ID numbers and paired the remote again. I'm still having problems/interference with other remotes though. Mostly the repetitive commands. With this newly improved responsiveness, things are getting a bit worse for me since it's mostly raising the volume on my V25s and doing that very fast now and I've got a quite strong power amp...  :scratch:

/ Simon

Hi Simon,

I've made some changes to the firmware in version 1016 regarding the Apple auto-repeat speed which I just uploade to the website. More info on it here: http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=150513.msg1641866#msg1641866

Also, someone posted a link regarding a procedure to better pair up Apple remotes with Apple devices so the Apple device (TV etc. ) doesn't respond to just any Apple remote which is the whole point of the Apple remote having 256 difference IDs. Give this a try is see if it helps.  Here's a link to that post:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=149567.msg1639080#msg1639080