Have changed out previously all ldrs with new one, same issue.
Seems that my autocal is not completing the whole cycle which i wrote to you before and havent since tried to touch in fear it become unusable meaning no more music and dont want the downtime.
I have not gathered courage to do the firmware update as it means i have to run autocal all over again?
LOL. I never thought updating firmware would require courage! I realize I have a different perspective on this given my familiarity with the inner workings of everything but I literally load/update firmware into our boards on almost a daily basis. It's a highly mature process which just works once you have everything set up.
More recent firmware update work specifically addressed a few lingering issues when using our controller boards in a balanced (master/slave) configuration. For this reason I would encourage updating the firmware on balanced setups especially.
Moreover, running autocal isn't some kind of iffy process that anyone should be afraid of. As long as your LDRs are healthy it just works. If they're not healthy...well, you should find that out and replace them accordingly. Autocal helps in this process. Again, if you have noticeable channel imbalance after changing impedance settings, you definitely need to rerun autocal. My recommendation is - just do it!