Based on posts here and numerous emails, here is what you will mostly likely see next in terms
of LIO modules:
- A LIO INPUTS module with a least 1 set of XLR inputs
- A LIO OUTPUTS module with a least 1 set of XLR outputs
These will most likely come first, as offering an option of balanced IN/OUT has been something that I was
hoping to have time for when we released LIO.
- A module combining AVC and Tubestage
. This would still give you the 64 steps from -54dB to +7dB, in 1dB step sizes - and
would be followed by the tubestage buffer (low output impedance of < 200 ohms). And of course, would be an effort to combine
the best of what the slagleformers and tubestage have to offer!
- Wireless audio module
- I am actually making a connection with a new company that seems to have a spectacular solution (I will get
samples in due time)! I can't go into detail yet, but it does not look "compromised" at all, on paper that is.
- John Chapman has been super busy and getting ready for a move of his business and home, but he has been chugging away at the LIO bluetooth control interface
(this is not for audio, but for remote control of the LIO via a free app for iOS and Android to use on your smart phone / tablet). It will be ready for LIO customers sometime this Spring!
AFTER the ideas above, I'll be diggin' into other things such as:
- A low-power Class A amp module
. As I've mentioned earlier, if we keep the power down to only a handful of
watts at the most, I think something very special came be made here for those with high efficiency speakers. Do NOT expect
anything more than around 2 to 5W... just being realistic. But they would be pure Class A watts (MOSFET output stage).
- There seems to be some interest in an NOS dac topology
- Also, a crossover-related module
I know there are other ideas, and there are all good and I LOVE your feedback here. But I do need to prioritize things and do
it based on your feedback here and via emails.
And then there is another product - that dedicated, configurable ultracap power supply
Exciting stuff! Please join our email list if you have not already done so to get updates:http://vinnierossi.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=8732927ed821bd32f5f0fca4b&id=031c47d651
And you know I'll be posting on the VR forum here as well