DBpoweramp Ripper ?

Wig

DBpoweramp Ripper ?
« on: 13 Oct 2014, 04:17 pm »
Guys,

Tried burning some cd's with the db software using FLAC and Wave but the CD's will not play on my portable player or home Sony cd player. FLAC files will not play on my PC but Wave files work perfectly, What have I done wrong?

Thanks,
Wig

Phil A

Re: DBpoweramp Ripper ?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2014, 04:32 pm »
Here's one thread with links contained within for ripping - http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f8-general-forum/configuring-dbpoweramp-properly-14361/. \

I've not had a problem playing CDs ripped.  For FLAC files on the PC, you need a player that will play them.  You can rip a CD

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2014, 04:34 pm »

srb

« Reply #3 on: 13 Oct 2014, 04:35 pm »
Are you burning them as Audio CDs or Data CDs?

If you're burning them as Audio CDs they should be playable on CD-R compatible players regardless of the source file types.  Have your two CD players played other CD-Rs previously?

What player(s) are you using on your PC to try and play the FLAC files?  Windows Media Player and iTunes, for example, will not play FLAC files.

Steve

Wig

« Reply #4 on: 13 Oct 2014, 05:30 pm »
Guys,

I assume I was burning them as audio cd on a Memorex CD-R. I'm using the Windows media player for the Wave files with no problems since I didn't have the associated files for FLAC. It possible that my Sony 5400 SACD player will not play CD-Rs but I thought my Sony boom-box would play them.

This is my first experience with ripping CDs and have a lot to learn. Thanks again for your help.

Wig :thumb: