• The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
RMAF 2014
« on: 10 Oct 2014, 01:25 am »

James

HsvHeelFan

Re: RMAF 2014
« Reply #1 on: 10 Oct 2014, 02:42 am »
James,  looks great.  Two of my coworkers north of Denver are planning on attending this weekend.

I'm sure the Bryston room will sound fantastic.

HsvHeelFan

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #2 on: 12 Oct 2014, 07:12 am »
MEMO: To All Bryston Customers
SUBJECT:  RMAF 2014 - Bryston Demo

Hi Folks

Some comments regarding the Bryston Demo at the recent 2014 RMAF Show.

RMAF-2014-BRYSTON

Bryston's room included the familiar gear in the BDP digital player and the SST C-Series amplifiers powering the newer Middle T Loudspeaker.

I believe there is a review coming from Secrets of Home Theater, but …

I was struck by it's big, full sound. Nicely scaled.

They stand about 40" tall and feature large outriggers for feet. The drivers are from the previous Model T with dual 8" woofers.

At around $5,000, very worthy of a listen.

Piero Gabucci,
Secrets of Home Theater & High Fidelity

Spyman

« Reply #3 on: 12 Oct 2014, 09:45 pm »
Just got home from RMAF. Another good show put on by the Colorado Audio Society! I visited the Bryston room twice. Not only did the room look great, but the sound was great too. It was the first time I've got to hear the Middle T's and it was worth the wait. They sounded great! Now all I've got to do is convince my wife that when we get new speakers, they should be the bigger Middle T's instead of the Mini T's  :lol: Job well done!

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #4 on: 12 Oct 2014, 11:33 pm »
Just got home from RMAF. Another good show put on by the Colorado Audio Society! I visited the Bryston room twice. Not only did the room look great, but the sound was great too. It was the first time I've got to hear the Middle T's and it was worth the wait. They sounded great! Now all I've got to do is convince my wife that when we get new speakers, they should be the bigger Middle T's instead of the Mini T's  :lol: Job well done!

Hi Spyman

Glad you enjoyed the sound and appreciate your kind comments. - have had a number of emails from people who had some very nice comments about the sound of the system.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 13 Oct 2014, 11:13 am »
James,

I listened to the Bryston BHA-1 headphone amp with HiFiMAN HE560 headphones and BDP/BDA combo in the canjam room.

Track I picked was "Pinch me" by Bare Naked Ladies - stunning detail in vocal and especially the guitar!!  Made me smile!‎ Pic of setup attached.

Hope the show went well!

Vladimir Arbutina,

Spyman

« Reply #6 on: 13 Oct 2014, 04:23 pm »
James,

You're very welcome. All kidding aside, the speakers really did sound very good and the room looked great. Steve Stone sat right beside us when he came in the room. I don't know what he'll write, but he seemed impressed. I listened to what people were saying and everyone seemed to like the sound very much.

Terry

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #7 on: 13 Oct 2014, 04:30 pm »
James,

You're very welcome. All kidding aside, the speakers really did sound very good and the room looked great. Steve Stone sat right beside us when he came in the room. I don't know what he'll write, but he seemed impressed. I listened to what people were saying and everyone seemed to like the sound very much.

Terry

Hi Terry

Yes thanks for the feedback. 

I had a really nice email from a reviewer which said - "James when I heard Bryston was doing speakers my first thought was HO-HUM who cares - there are plenty of good speakers out there and the world does not need another speaker.  After hearing the Middle T's ... the world needs another speaker"!

james

Spyman

« Reply #8 on: 13 Oct 2014, 06:05 pm »
Great comment! Since I'm sure my dealer is busy unpacking from the show today, can you point me to a location where I can find price information on the Mimi- T's and Middle -Ts for the U.S.? I'd like to know the base price and the prices for the wood upgrades. Also, the price of the outriggers for the Middle-Ts. I'd like to know how long I'm going to have to save my pennies  :lol:

Thanks,
Terry

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 13 Oct 2014, 06:41 pm »
Great comment! Since I'm sure my dealer is busy unpacking from the show today, can you point me to a location where I can find price information on the Mimi- T's and Middle -Ts for the U.S.? I'd like to know the base price and the prices for the wood upgrades. Also, the price of the outriggers for the Middle-Ts. I'd like to know how long I'm going to have to save my pennies  :lol:

Thanks,
Terry

Hi Terry

Where are you located ?

James

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #10 on: 13 Oct 2014, 07:27 pm »
James,

are the outriggers available for the Mini-T speakers as well?

al.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #11 on: 13 Oct 2014, 07:30 pm »
James,

are the outriggers available for the Mini-T speakers as well?

al.

No just the Model T's the Middle T's the A1's and the A2's.

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #12 on: 13 Oct 2014, 07:40 pm »
WGH

General RMAF 14 Thoughts

I didn't take any notes or photos this year, just browsed the halls with a couple of buddies from Tucson. Friday and Saturday's attendance seemed way down, it was real easy to get the center seat.

I always start and end at Salk Sound, no surprise there since I have the HT2-TL's. The Exotica is seductive, smooth and well balanced, this could easily be a final speaker purchase for many. One thing I did note was while playing "Keith Don't Go" by Nils Lofgren (I thought that song was banned?) the guitar's attack was not as sharp as it should be, not bad but the RAAL's do it better.

Goldmund room - holographic to the max, speakers completely disappeared, excellent sound too.

Dynaudio - yawn

TAD - too analytical, Zesto amps(?), Andrew Jones' demo with TAD amps a couple of years ago was much better.

Bryston - very nice, the Middle T speakers with Bryston electronics is a combination I could happily live with.

Odyssey - always excellent sound with one of the most affordable high end packages anywhere although the speakers still look like they are made in a garage.

Vapor Audio - the speakers look like audio jewelery and sound like a million bucks, they could cost twice as much and still be a bargain.

Wilson Audio - The Sabrina was a static display, nice box but no drivers. The new stand mount speakers were up against the wall and still have very limited bass so they sounded bright. All the seats were taken and nobody was moving for the Sasha Series 2 demo so didn't get a good listen, something classical (boring) was playing - average age of the listeners: 104.

Von Schweikert - The new 55's are great, switching to Constellation amps is a big step up in quality compared to previous shows.

Daedalus Audio - 2 rooms and always excellent sound but I liked the big ones better.

Nola Studio Grand Reference Gold Speaker - excellent full bodied, spacious sound. Check it out if you can but like all Nola speakers the price is a jaw dropping $19,800. Judge it by it's sound and not by the size of the drivers.

Single driver speakers - there were quite a few but they remind me of a dog that can sing opera, it's amazing to watch but it's still bad opera. (ouch)

Why do Jeff Roland Design Group and Wilson Audio have to be so snooty? And play boring music?

Fritz Speakers wasn't showing this year but Fritz was there prowling the halls, there were Fritz sightings all over RMAF. It was good to catch up with him.

Wayne

Spyman

« Reply #13 on: 13 Oct 2014, 08:38 pm »
Hi Terry

Where are you located ?

James

James,

I'm in Colorado. My dealer is Audio Alternative in Ft. Collins.

Terry

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 13 Oct 2014, 08:51 pm »
James,

I'm in Colorado. My dealer is Audio Alternative in Ft. Collins.

Terry

Ok - thanks email me and I will send you a price list. Jamestanner@brtston.com

James

Spyman

« Reply #15 on: 13 Oct 2014, 08:58 pm »

James

Okay. Will do. Thanks!

joey116

« Reply #16 on: 13 Oct 2014, 09:19 pm »

James

jamestanner@bryston.com      :D

Spyman

« Reply #17 on: 13 Oct 2014, 09:28 pm »
Joey, yeah, I caught that. Thanks.
Terry

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #18 on: 14 Oct 2014, 12:19 pm »
RMAF-2014

ExaSound - Bryston - Magnepan

The guy talked for what seemed like forever.  It is a multi-channel DSD DAC that handles the latest DSD and DXD formats including this 5.0 surround configuration with Maggie 1.7 s and Bryston amps. Finally they put on a Beatles track in surround.

Pretty astonishing performance I must say, transparent and alive sounding.

Jim Clements
Secrets Of Home Theater

werd

« Reply #19 on: 14 Oct 2014, 05:54 pm »
No just the Model T's the Middle T's the A1's and the A2's.

james

Do the out-riggers come standard with Middle Ts?