Effective May 15, 2016 we are releasing version 2.2 of our firmware including changes in how the Apple Remote is used to control Tortuga Audio preamps. All new preamps will ship with the 2.2 firmware. Owners of existing V2 series preamps including the LDRx and LDRxB can upgrade to the 2.2 firmware if they wish.
This firmware update is a refinement of Tortuga Audio's V2 (and V2.1) generation preamp controller that was last released in January of 2015.
Highlights of this firmware update are as follows:
* Addition of auto-repeat to the Apple Remote providing ease of ramping volume up or down with a single press of the remote
* Improved Apple Remote functionality through a restructured control scheme
* Balance adjustment is now the primary function of the left/right buttons along with volume control via raise/lower buttons
* The Mute(play) button has been repurposed as a Control Mode button with the following control modes:
* Input Adjust
* Impedance Adjust
* Display Brightness Adjust
* Max Volume at Input Change Adjust
* The Power On/Off button is now the Power On/Off-Mute button
* Improved control integration between preamp boards for balanced audio configurations
* Enhanced stability through numerous tweaks under-the-hood
* Better protection against spurious infrared noise sources that might cause false control inputs
The firmware won't be available for download until sometime tomorrow, Sunday 5.15.16. I will update with a link once it's ready.
More info can be found via the following 2 links:
A posted article saying substantially the same thing as above. http://www.tortugaaudio.com/firmware-update-apple-control-changes/
A new section in our documentation detailing the new Apple Remote controls. http://www.tortugaaudio.com/documentation/#apple-2-2-x
Happy to answer any questions.