Ascend Acoustics 340s, CHEAP! **SOLD**

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Ascend Acoustics 340s, CHEAP! **SOLD**
« on: 24 Feb 2014, 01:13 am »
What I’m selling here are three (3) Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 Signature Editions.Sold Two, still have single. see below I purchased these for use as mains and center channel in a home theater system I set up for a client after I built a bunch of cabinetry in their basement. Later I did some additional work and asked if they’d like to try some X-SLSs and an X-CS I’d built, which they did and liked, so I traded these back, but really don’t have use for them.

Visit Ascend’s site here;
http://www.ascendacoustics.com/

Rather than go into a lengthy pitch, I’ll tell you that they’re had some nice reviews and enjoy popularity among the non-DIY crowd. Also the folks I got them for initially were impressed. Google will bring lots of info if you’re not familiar.

As far as condition, they are pristine. If there’s a mark on them I haven’t found it...even the bottoms. If I had to rate with Agon’s system, I’d say they’re a 9. All were working perfectly when I removed them and they’ve been sitting in my “gear closet” since. I gave the boxes to my clients, which they threw away along with any paperwork that was with them. I attempted to get new boxes and packing material from Ascend. I was OK with the $60 quoted for all the packing stuff, but balked when I was told it would be another $60 to ship empty boxes from California to Idaho…nonsense! Here’s what I’ll do. I will build close to bombproof shipping crates for them. I don’t like things to arrive damaged so it’ll be good…trust me.

Looks like these would run you about $850 plus $66 shipping if you bought them new from Ascend. I’d like get what I allowed for them on trade, which was $600, but I also don’t want ‘em collecting dust here anymore either. If you’re interested and not close to Idaho we can work something out on shipping costs. I also have a pair of Plateau speaker stands if you need ‘em. Thought I'd post 'em here before I start listing them elsewhere because I like this place.

Talk to me, I’m easy going.

« Last Edit: 20 Apr 2014, 04:10 pm by Peter J »

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Re: Ascend Acoustics 340s, really nice
« Reply #1 on: 1 Mar 2014, 07:52 pm »
Anyone interested? Price to high? How about $500?

I'll listen to offers, would like to see 'em go away. How many speakers does one guy need, anyway? :)

Peter J

• Hmmmm
Re: Ascend Acoustics 340s, really nice
« Reply #2 on: 20 Mar 2014, 11:16 pm »
I'm down to one and have even less use for it than three!

It'd make a nice center channel.

How's $100 shipped conus sound? You know you want it...

dkalsi

Re: Ascend Acoustics 340s, CHEAP!
« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2014, 02:30 pm »
Thats a great deal. I'm tempted to pucahse and use with my 170SE for a 3.1 setup in the bedroom.

Or possibly sell my near mint 170SEs to some one who may be interest in your 340.
My selling price would be $260 (including shipping + paypal).

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #4 on: 11 Apr 2014, 10:17 pm »
Alright, no joy on having this go away so I'm going to try something a little different here and see if that changes things. If someone will donate $100 to Gary Dodd, I'll send this to you. I'd need some confirmation of $$ going to him before I ship, but that's the only catch.

virtue

• Industry Participant
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #5 on: 12 Apr 2014, 12:47 am »
Great speaker!

apollophono

« Reply #6 on: 12 Apr 2014, 07:33 am »
I'll do it.  I will buy the CBM 170 SE's and the center channel speaker.
I've wanted to help with Mr. Dodd's expenses, but haven't.  That being
said it is time to JUST DO IT!  Please PM me to work out the details.