sacd_extract UI for Windows

mgalusha

sacd_extract UI for Windows
« on: 23 Feb 2014, 03:24 am »
Somewhat inspired by the UI created by the fine folks at Sonore, I've knocked together a simple UI that calls Mr. Wicked's sacd_extract program to create DSF/DFF files from SACD ISO's. When I had mine ripped, some of them were left as ISO and while I've a batch file that works OK and of course it works OK with a command line, I wanted something simpler and that didn't require the use of Java and all the security problems that come with it.

This is written in C#, so it's native for Windows. One thing I dislike about the existing solution is that it extracts all of the files into sub directories where the executable lives. While this is certainly not a deal breaker, it's messy and I briefly considered adding an output directory to the sacd_extract code (it's open source) I ultimately decided I didn't want to mess with it and added a work around to the UI, it copies the executable to your choice of destination directory at run time, the file is small enough that it just doesn't matter and makes my little OCD voice quieter. :)

If this is useful, cool, if not, equally cool, I did this mostly for myself but if this makes it easier for anyone else, have at it. Freebie. Not pretty, just functional. Tested on two Windows 7 machines and one Windows 8, no problems with them thus far.

http://www.mikegalusha.com/sacd_extract-ui/

Mike

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
Re: sacd_extract UI for Windows
« Reply #1 on: 23 Feb 2014, 04:12 am »
Hi Mike

looks really cool, thanks

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
Re: sacd_extract UI for Windows
« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2014, 10:25 pm »
Unfortunately I never knew about this program until today. All I can say is if you want a very simple, easy to use, ISO > DSD file converter check this one out.  I'm shocked at how well it works and it's so easy.