SOLD Class D Audio SDS 254 amplifier

hum4god

SOLD Class D Audio SDS 254 amplifier
« on: 21 Nov 2013, 05:51 pm »
Hi

i SOLD Class D Audio SDS 254 amplifier .
amp is fully assembled in a nice chassis in good condition , with rca and xlr input options , only the rca's are connected at this time .  250w into 4 ohm , 125w into 8 ohms,
here is a chance to get a great class d amp assembled for less then the parts cost .

asking $350  plus shipping 
paypal adds fees
i will add pictures in the next few days.

here is some more information on the specs for this amp:

http://classdaudio.com/amplifier-kits/sds-254-kit.html

SDS-254 Class D Audio Kit with Large Power Supply, AnTek 400VA Transformer, Molex Connectors for external LED's, power switch, and gain controls. High Quality Conductive Plastic Element External Gain Controls also included. Our new Super D Series audio power amplifiers are built on the highly acclaimed reputation of our CDA series amps. Our goal was to keep the excellent sonic qualities while adding a state-of -the art balanced input stage (also accepts standard single ended input) and external adjustable gain controls. We've also added a better cooling system, Molex connectors for external LED's, power switch, and gain controls (included). The balanced input stage is one of the finest available and normally only found on very expensive high-end equipment. When using single ended inputs, you can change a jumper to select inverted or non-inverted input as well... useful in some instances. The gain controls included with this kit feature a conductive plastic element for ultra low noise. Our Super D Series amps provide more life-like imaging and sound stage, along with the beautiful smooth tube-like sound we're known for. These amps are powerful, clean, quiet , and transparent. Specifications: · Output: 250 X 2 - 4 Ohm, 125 X 2 - 8 Ohm · Bridged Output: 500W X 1 - Bridged 8 Ohm (Full Bridge) · THD+N, 1W - 1KHz: Better than .02% · Dynamic Range: 101 db · Efficiency: Over 90% · Required Power Supply: +/- 40 Volts

« Last Edit: 5 Jan 2014, 04:59 am by hum4god »

hum4god

Re: FS: Class D Audio SDS 254 amplifier
« Reply #1 on: 23 Nov 2013, 04:43 pm »
Photos:

2gumby2

« Reply #2 on: 4 Dec 2013, 12:19 pm »
The description mentions gain controls on the amp, but I didn't notice those in the photos. Can you elaborate?

hum4god

« Reply #3 on: 4 Dec 2013, 02:12 pm »
The description mentions gain controls on the amp, but I didn't notice those in the photos. Can you elaborate?

thanks for asking , i forgot to mention that .
i installed fixed resistors in place of the gain controls with molex connector for better sound .
i still have the original gain controls so they can easily be swapped if needed .

2gumby2

« Reply #4 on: 5 Dec 2013, 12:05 pm »
So, what is the gain rated at now with your modification?

hum4god

« Reply #5 on: 6 Dec 2013, 08:20 pm »
So, what is the gain rated at now with your modification?

i am using 1.2k ohm kiwame resistor which makes the gain a little less then 30db

hum4god

« Reply #6 on: 21 Dec 2013, 05:51 am »
bump

hum4god

« Reply #7 on: 2 Jan 2014, 02:53 pm »
new year bump

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #8 on: 2 Jan 2014, 02:57 pm »
Also, this case can take any of the Class D modules and not just one of them.