Onix (Melody) SP3 tube amp

narkleptic

Onix (Melody) SP3 tube amp
« on: 21 Jun 2013, 08:14 pm »
SOLD

UPDATE: I contacted previous owner and located tube cage. Tube cage now included

Up for sale is a wonderful modern tube amp, the Onix SP3. It was designed by Melody Australia. Lots of reviews of this amp all over the interwebs. It's relatively small but beefy at 50lbs! Bang for the buck champ.

$475

2 inputs, 35wpc KT88, stepped attenuator, manual bias. In the past I have used this to great effect with Monitor Audio RS8s, as well as Gallo Acoustics Nucleus Reference and Micros. Great synergy with all three speakers and really helped tame the excessive brightness which IMHO mars the otherwise superb RS8.

Very clean condition except for some scratches on the top of the amp around the tube cage holes. I took some close-up pictures of the scratches as well as an overall top view so you can see the relatively minor impact of these scratches.

Includes original triple boxes and materials for safe shipping (but it won't be cheap), a spare set of stock power tubes, and a few NOS preamp tubes for rolling--have to check to remember which ones.
Local pickup is welcome from Los Angeles 90049.

« Last Edit: 2 Jul 2013, 02:42 am by narkleptic »

wushuliu

Re: Onix (Melody) SP3 tube amp
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jun 2013, 10:09 pm »
Had one. Loved it. Pics don't do justice to the size and weight and texture. It's a beauty and a beast, the look is straight out of a steampunk novel. You can't help but look at it in a room. Wish more amps were as creatively designed.

Good luck with the sale!

narkleptic

« Reply #2 on: 30 Jun 2013, 08:40 pm »
bump. still available.

narkleptic

« Reply #3 on: 2 Jul 2013, 02:41 am »
SOLD