Used black oak SongTower QWT's - SOLD

jsalk

Used black oak SongTower QWT's - SOLD
« on: 22 Apr 2013, 09:44 pm »
(Edit: Price reduced at request of the owner...see below)

There is a story behind these.

We had a customer with two home theater systems...one upstairs and one down.  He had SongTowers in both of them.

One day, a couple of unscrupulous characters decided to help themselves to some equipment and raided his upstairs home theater.  They helped themselves to the equipment and the flat-screen TV.  The speakers were too cumbersome for a clean get-away, so they left them behind.  But in removing the TV, they hit one of the speakers.  The damage was extremely minor (one small, easily repairable nick in the front baffle). 

At this point, our customer had to decide if he really needed two home theater set-ups.  In the end, he decided not to replace all the stolen equipment.  So he had these speakers to spare.  He sent them to us to have the repairs made and have them re-finished (his insurance company will pay for the repair).  He then asked if we would be willing to sell the speakers for him once they were re-finished.  Of course, we said yes.

These are SongTower QWT's in black oak.  They are finished like new and fully checked out.  Here is a picture...

These speakers are available for $1595, $400 off the price of a new pair in the same finish.  They are available now.

- Jim

« Last Edit: 15 May 2013, 11:43 pm by jsalk »

Freo-1

Re: Used black oak SongTower QWT's
« Reply #1 on: 22 Apr 2013, 09:48 pm »
That's good service on your part to help out.  Well Done!   :thumb:

PSB Guy

Re: Used black oak SongTower QWT's
« Reply #2 on: 22 Apr 2013, 10:48 pm »
I totally agree, a nice gesture. These speakers have exactly the same veneer and finish as my SongBirds. This is the first time I've seen this finish recorded in one of Jim's nice photos. Anyone interested in these speakers should note that this veneer, and the finish that Jim and company put on it has a shine and a depth to it that any photo, no matter how good, cannot do it justice.

Cornelis