Hagerman Cornet Phono Preamp - $500 obo. *SOLD*

mgalusha

Hagerman Cornet Phono Preamp - $500 obo. *SOLD*
« on: 29 Mar 2013, 05:43 pm »
Original version Hagerman Cornet phono preamp. Built from a kit but using a factory chassis from back in the day when Jim offered them. This does have the CCS added, there is an old thread here that details this mod, it was done per Jim's design.

Mix of AuraCap, Multicap, Obbligato and Jansen Z-Superior. Input has selectable capacitive loading. GE 5Y3 rectifier, 1950's Mullard ECC82 and Sovtek 12AX7LPS.  Cardas rhodium plated jacks. Main PSU caps were upgraded to Panasonic 220uF/450 low ESR. Herbies tube dampers are included.

The extra holes on the end of the chassis were for Jensen MC step up transformers. I still have them and would be willing to include them for an additional $150. They were $105 each when last available, currently Jensen only sells these as stand alone boxes for $500. If asking price is paid and user desires the step up transformers I'd be happy to install them and convert the capacitive load switches to MM/MC select.

Works perfectly, $500 obo, If asking price paid shipping and PayPal fees included, otherwise buyer pays. Will only ship to US address. Please PM if interested.

Selling to fund large project.

Thanks for looking.

Mike
« Last Edit: 1 Sep 2013, 03:56 pm by mgalusha »

mgalusha

Re: Hagerman Cornet Phono Preamp - $500 obo.
« Reply #1 on: 8 Apr 2013, 07:23 pm »
Bumping up, open to reasonable offers.  :D

mgalusha

« Reply #2 on: 28 Jun 2013, 02:13 am »
I'd forgotten this was listed until I noticed the preamp still sitting on a shelf. Reasonable offers considered. :-)

Rocket

« Reply #3 on: 28 Jun 2013, 10:43 am »
Hi,

I had this phonostage a couple of years ago which was populated with obbligato capacitors but not all the other good stuff that mgalushu has installed in this one.  It was a great sounding phonostage and was very similiar in sound quality to my $1500US bluenote phonostage.  Its a bit of bargain at this price.

Cheers Rod