-SOLD- GR Research & AV 123. Unique surround setup.

Peter J

• Hmmmm

I sold these, but took a trio of Ascend Acoustics CMT-340 SEs if anyone's interested. I'll post a more formal ad when I get around to it.

I’m offering this custom built five speaker GR Research, AV123 setup. A pair of X-SLS Encores mains, a single X-CS Encore center and a pair of AV1-RS surrounds.  It would make a great basis for a home theater. I built them last year and they’ve sat in our living room collecting dust ever since.

AV1-RS are sold, front three still available. $1100 or ?

Only time on them is testing…perhaps an hour. It’ not that I don’t like ‘em, I truly enjoy building speakers but have a surplus ‘cuz I can’t control myself!  Two systems are quite enough and I have a big tax bill to pay.

You can see them in process here, about halfway through the thread:

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=100369.msg1012494#msg1012494

I’m pretty persnickety when doing things for myself, so way too much time was spent building them. I’ll gladly answer any questions or take more detailed photos, but I don’t claim expertise with a camera.

The kits and No-Rez Danny provided ran $721. Material for the carcasses, laminate and miscellaneous bits and pieces likely another $200 +/-. If I included my labor at the rate I’d charge a client, these would run north of $2K. How’s $1500 sound?. I’ll crate them for free at that price. They will ship individually via FedEx or UPS or we can put them all on a pallet and go motor freight.

Great sounding, proven speaker system, one-of-a-kind custom build. You know you need these  :) I may be open to trades of equal value but don’t really want to put any cash into the deal. Uncle Sam wants his share…

« Last Edit: 2 Jun 2013, 12:22 am by Peter J »

neekomax

Re: GR Research & AV 123. Unique surround setup.
« Reply #1 on: 26 Mar 2013, 09:18 pm »
Dude, those are NICE.

Must... control... myself....

edoggrc51

« Reply #2 on: 27 Mar 2013, 05:13 pm »
VERY NICE!!

Would you consider selling the surrounds seperately???

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2013, 01:47 am »
VERY NICE!!

Would you consider selling the surrounds seperately???

Hmmmmm, maybe. They sure look nice all together though...don't you think? They might get lonely without their mates :(

How about sending me a PM with your offer and I'll consider it. Worst I can say is no.

edoggrc51

« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2013, 04:38 am »
Hmmmmm, maybe. They sure look nice all together though...don't you think? They might get lonely without their mates :(

How about sending me a PM with your offer and I'll consider it. Worst I can say is no.

They really do look GREAT as a set. However I already run a set of LS6's and an LS-C so the front stage is covered. I don't have a clue as to what the surrounds are worth so PM me your price and we'll go from there. Thanks man!