Jim's cherry Veracity HT2-TL's - SOLD

jsalk

Jim's cherry Veracity HT2-TL's - SOLD
« on: 11 Jan 2013, 08:08 pm »
Jim K. could not post this himself, so I am doing it on his behalf...

"I am the original owner of this pair of HT2-TL (RAAL version).  I took delivery in February 2011.  They are the 3/4" inch MDF cabinet version (cabinet isn't quite as deep as the 1" MDF version) finished in Natural Curly Cherry.  Instead of the standard feet, they come with the bullet shaped feet like the SoundScape line.  Also, there are magnets installed under the veneer in the back to safely hold the grills out the way when not in use (see photo below of the back with the grills attached).  They are in excellent condition; no scratches, dings, driver damage, etc.

Price is $3600 plus actual shipping/insurance costs (I have the original boxes and packing material).  As my first preference would be to avoid the hassels of shipping, I'm willing to offer a discount as an incentive for local pickup in the southeast Virginia area.  Please PM me at "Saturn94" if interested or have any questions."

Here are some pictures he wanted included...

Fronts...

Tops...

Sides...

Nameplates...

Rears showing magnets holding grills when not in use...

- Jim

« Last Edit: 23 Mar 2013, 11:01 pm by jsalk »

Saturn94

Re: Jim's cherry Veracity HT2-TL's
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2013, 12:25 am »
Thank you for posting this, Jim.  :)

JerryLove

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jan 2013, 05:39 am »
I thought it might be putting men on the moon or banging the rocks together to make fire; but I am now convinced that putting magnets on the back of the speakers to hold the grills is the most genius idea in the history of man.

I went to try that on my SCSTs. No luck :(.

Saturn94

« Reply #3 on: 20 Jan 2013, 07:11 pm »
I thought it might be putting men on the moon or banging the rocks together to make fire; but I am now convinced that putting magnets on the back of the speakers to hold the grills is the most genius idea in the history of man.

I went to try that on my SCSTs. No luck :(.

I actually got the idea from someone else, so I special ordered them with the additional magnets on the back.  Since Salk is a custom builder, they were happy to do this.

srb

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jan 2013, 07:20 pm »
I don't know if I was the first to recommend that in the Salk forum, but 2-1/2 years ago I posted that I had seen grills stored on the back of another speaker (might have been Polk, but not necessarily with magnets) and suggested that another set of magnets on the rear to store grills would be too cool.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=82707.msg797593#msg797593

Steve

Saturn94

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jan 2013, 07:32 pm »
I don't know if I was the first to recommend that in the Salk forum, but 2-1/2 years ago I posted that I had seen grills stored on the back of another speaker (might have been Polk, but not necessarily with magnets) and suggested that another set of magnets on the rear to store grills would be too cool.
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=82707.msg797593#msg797593

Steve

I see you made that post during the time period I was researching/shopping for speakers, so that's probably the post that gave me the idea.....and a great idea it is!

jackman

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jan 2013, 07:37 pm »
Great idea!  Wish I thought if that, but its way too clever for my tiny brain to have thought of!

JonnyFive

« Reply #7 on: 22 Jan 2013, 02:04 pm »
Last night I had the opportunity to listen to Jim's Cherry Veracity HT2-TL's in person.  This was my first time listening to Salks and "Wow!" is about all I can say!    Jim is a gracious host, and he takes a lot of pride in his equipment, and as a result, these speakers are in great condition.  These are a bit more speaker than I currently need, but I'd highly recommend buying from Jim.

Saturn94

« Reply #8 on: 23 Jan 2013, 07:20 pm »
Last night I had the opportunity to listen to Jim's Cherry Veracity HT2-TL's in person.  This was my first time listening to Salks and "Wow!" is about all I can say!    Jim is a gracious host, and he takes a lot of pride in his equipment, and as a result, these speakers are in great condition.  These are a bit more speaker than I currently need, but I'd highly recommend buying from Jim.

Thank you.  I appreciate the post.  Had a great time. :thumb:

Welcome to AudioCircle!

Saturn94

« Reply #9 on: 26 Jan 2013, 07:59 pm »
Still available.  :thumb:

perrydennis

« Reply #10 on: 28 Jan 2013, 12:41 am »
HI. I'm in Alexandria Va. and looking for some salks. Where are you located?

Saturn94

« Reply #11 on: 28 Jan 2013, 12:46 am »
HI. I'm in Alexandria Va. and looking for some salks. Where are you located?

Sent you a PM.  :)

perrydennis

« Reply #12 on: 28 Jan 2013, 12:58 am »
I'm at perrydennis@live.com

Thanks,
Dennis

Saturn94

« Reply #13 on: 21 Feb 2013, 05:05 am »
(Post deleted)

Saturn94

« Reply #14 on: 21 Feb 2013, 09:57 pm »
These are still available.  :thumb:

Billt4798

« Reply #15 on: 23 Feb 2013, 04:56 am »
Hi,
Please e-mail me at  thx429@msn.com
Thank you!
Bill

Saturn94

« Reply #16 on: 23 Feb 2013, 02:53 pm »
Email sent. :)

RedPorsche

« Reply #17 on: 1 Mar 2013, 10:43 pm »
Where is VA are these?

Saturn94

« Reply #18 on: 2 Mar 2013, 02:17 pm »
Hampton (in the Hampton Roads area).  :)

PS - My appologies for the delayed response.  For some reason I'm not getting my notifications when someone replies to this post. :oops:

Saturn94

« Reply #19 on: 2 Mar 2013, 04:09 pm »
I realized that some inquires have come from new AudioCircle members who cannot PM yet or from non members who also cannot PM.  For those that prefer email, here's my address for any inquiries (remove the spaces and use @ and . instead of "at" and "dot")

chickies75 at hotmail dot com

Thanks. :D