Bad Burn?

powerwindow

Bad Burn?
« on: 14 Dec 2012, 07:43 pm »
I wanted to test the waters of HiRez material and have encountered some frustrations.  I don't have any interconnects to go from my laptop to my DAC so I decided to use the Cirlinca's free trial of DVD Audio Solo.  I purchased a couple albums from HD Tracks and burned the DVD-A discs using my Gateway laptop.  I'm using my Oppo-83 as a transport with coax to my Eastern Electric Minimax DAC.  Both discs end up having slight skips (lack of better term) in one or more tracks.  I also noticed the DAC's signal light will flicker during the 'skip.'  I am wondering if anyone would know of the problem?  I come up with three possibilities: 1. My discs and/or laptop burner is inferior and cannot burn a clean copy of the info. ( The burning software does not allow me to change burn speeds). 2.  My Oppo is having difficulties reading the DVD-A.  or 3. The Eastern Electric Minimax DAC cannot stay locked on to the signal.  I have not seriously listened to accurately determine if it occurs at the same time stamp or not, but I do know it is common to the first track of both discs.

Thanks, I appreciate any input.  I can say that besides this issue the playback is much more fuller and engaging.  I just don't like the interruption of the music.

Tom

Folsom

Re: Bad Burn?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Dec 2012, 08:05 pm »
Problem with burn speed. Get new software. EAC has a CD burning portion to it.

I am certain a little digging will find you other burning software that is free.

steve in jersey

« Reply #2 on: 14 Dec 2012, 09:58 pm »
For the life of me I can't remember the burn program that was included w/ Discwelder Bronze. While Cirlinca DVD-A Solo was a pretty decent program the burn portion of the program was'nt quite up to Discwelder's dependability when it came to burning DVD-As that played on every player I tried them on. The only problem was Discwelder Bronze costs a bit more than Cirlinca (I'm not even sure if Bronze still exists as I no longer "play" discs & have stopped burning them) Good Luck ! I just remembered there are some Burn set up parameters you can play around w/ in Solo that may ( or may not ) help you attain a burn that will work with your player.

Folsom

« Reply #3 on: 15 Dec 2012, 12:20 am »
Try Burrrn. I use to use it with good success.