FS: PMC MB2-A Fully Active Studio Monitor Loudspeaker - Oak inc. Bryston Rig

mr_merrick

For Sale:

PMC (Professional Monitor Company) MB2-A Fully Active Studio Monitor Loudspeakers including powered crossover and Bryston Amplification

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj587/mr_merrick/PMC%20MB2%20Active/11e3ec40.jpg
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj587/mr_merrick/PMC%20MB2%20Active/77352851.jpg
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj587/mr_merrick/PMC%20MB2%20Active/e707fb25.jpg
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj587/mr_merrick/PMC%20MB2%20Active/67f691d3.jpg
http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj587/mr_merrick/PMC%20MB2%20Active/f773a146.jpg

Includes:

1x Pair Oak Finish MB2 Speakers

2x Bryston 10B Active Crossover - Silver 19'' (with latest board revision)

2x PMC/Bryston Active 7B-SST² Mono - Silver 19'' (Bass)

2x PMC/Bryston Active 4B-SST² Stereo - Silver 19'' (Mid & Treble)

PMC Custom Wiring Loom for connection of the above

1x Pair PMC 14'' Mass Loaded Speaker Stands with Slider feet.

Drive Units:
LF: 310mm/12'' PMC Radial™ Bass Driver , MF: 75mm PMC Fabric Dome , HF: 34mm PMC Soft Dome

All equipment listed is in immaculate condition with all boxes, internal packing, test certificates and 15 years warranty left on the Bryston equipment which is transferrable.

These speakers are not to be confused with the MB2-P active speakers which are only powered with a PP300 Bryston Powerpack per channel. Nor the MB2i which is a passive design and does not include the Patented 34mm HF units or amplification.

The amplification consists of Bryston units, modified by PMC with higher tolerance capacitors. Everything from the smallest cable is hand-selected and scrutinized for the highest sound performance.

The 10B crossover allows for fine adjustment of individual Bass, Mid and Treble control to ensure a perfect response in any listening environment.

The MB2-A Fully Active system is only available to Pro Consumers and is often the speaker of choice for Movie and Music recording studios around the world.
The sound is without compromise and is exactly as the artist intended. In fact, it's usually the actual artist that would hear these speakers in the studio before approving the final sound mix.

These speakers can also be enhanced with the XBD Bass Cabinets for extra Low frequency SPL. This would require no additional amplification (just a small modification to the wiring loom).

The normal amplifier compliment for these speakers specifies 2x7B-SST² Mono and 2x3B-SST². For this system, the 3B's have been substituted for the higher powered 4B-SST² Stereo Amplifiers (by recommendation from PMC).

Ideally partnered with Bryston BP-26 PreAmplifier of SP3 Surround Processor. I will be keeping my Pre-Amplifier to run a set of PMC AML monitors. This system is being moved on as my domestic circumstances have changed.

Selling for £27,500. This system configuration would be £42,000. Sensible offers considered.

NB: For those inerested in going to the full MB2-XBD system, the additional XB2 cabinets retail at £10,800 pair. It may be prudent to source these after obtaining the MB2-A in order to effectively match the oak veneers.

Buyer to collect. Delivery can be arranged to London/Surrey area within reason. Setup and commissioning of system dependant on location and circumstances.

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
For Sale:

PMC (Professional Monitor Company) MB2-A Fully Active Studio Monitor Loudspeakers including powered crossover and Bryston Amplification

Includes:

1x Pair Oak Finish MB2 Speakers

2x Bryston 10B Active Crossover - Silver 19'' (with latest board revision)

2x PMC/Bryston Active 7B-SST² Mono - Silver 19'' (Bass)

2x PMC/Bryston Active 4B-SST² Stereo - Silver 19'' (Mid & Treble)

PMC Custom Wiring Loom for connection of the above

1x Pair PMC 14'' Mass Loaded Speaker Stands with Slider feet.

Drive Units:
LF: 310mm/12'' PMC Radial™ Bass Driver , MF: 75mm PMC Fabric Dome , HF: 34mm PMC Soft Dome

All equipment listed is in immaculate condition with all boxes, internal packing, test certificates and 15 years warranty left on the Bryston equipment which is transferrable.

These speakers are not to be confused with the MB2-P active speakers which are only powered with a PP300 Bryston Powerpack per channel. Nor the MB2i which is a passive design and does not include the Patented 34mm HF units or amplification.

The amplification consists of Bryston units, modified by PMC with higher tolerance capacitors. Everything from the smallest cable is hand-selected and scrutinized for the highest sound performance.

The 10B crossover allows for fine adjustment of individual Bass, Mid and Treble control to ensure a perfect response in any listening environment.

The MB2-A Fully Active system is only available to Pro Consumers and is often the speaker of choice for Movie and Music recording studios around the world.
The sound is without compromise and is exactly as the artist intended. In fact, it's usually the actual artist that would hear these speakers in the studio before approving the final sound mix.

These speakers can also be enhanced with the XBD Bass Cabinets for extra Low frequency SPL. This would require no additional amplification (just a small modification to the wiring loom).

The normal amplifier compliment for these speakers specifies 2x7B-SST² Mono and 2x3B-SST². For this system, the 3B's have been substituted for the higher powered 4B-SST² Stereo Amplifiers (by recommendation from PMC).

Ideally partnered with Bryston BP-26 PreAmplifier of SP3 Surround Processor. I will be keeping my Pre-Amplifier to run a set of PMC AML monitors. This system is being moved on as my domestic circumstances have changed.

Selling for £27,500. This system configuration would be £42,000. Sensible offers considered.

NB: For those inerested in going to the full MB2-XBD system, the additional XB2 cabinets retail at £10,800 pair. It may be prudent to source these after obtaining the MB2-A in order to effectively match the oak veneers.

Buyer to collect. Delivery can be arranged to London/Surrey area within reason. Setup and commissioning of system dependant on location and circumstances.

« Last Edit: 19 Sep 2012, 02:46 am by satfrat »

mr_merrick

mr_merrick

Mad Mr H

Hi, Could you confirm the amps are the SST 'squared' series?

Not the SST series.

mr_merrick

Technically, they are neither. The Active Brystons are modified far beyond the spec of the SST² series. Better (hand selected) capacitors/components, input gain adjustment etc.

The SST² Amps are already fantastic, but when you consider fact that the Actives are customised specifically for these speakers, the combined result amounts to far more than the sum of its parts.

Hope this helps.

Mad Mr H

Could you confirm, Is the pre modified amplifier based on the SST or the SST2 series?

Thank you.

mr_merrick

I'm not sure. I'll check the serial numbers with Bryston an get back to you

mr_merrick

Okay, I spoke to PMC directly. The PMC actives are based on SST Bryston's. However (interesting point), it was the modifications made by PMC that convinced Bryston to produce the 'squared' series.
That being said, I've been told that the PMC actives would still outperform any equivalent 'squared' amplifier. PMC were happy to be quoted on this.