Cable Break In Service

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Cable Break In Service
« on: 11 Aug 2012, 05:31 pm »
  We are now offering cable break in using our newly aquired Audiodkarma Pro Cablecooker. Tired of waiting or using your gear wearing it out ?? We make it simple.

Interconnects: $35 [ 3 days ]
  Speaker Cables and Powercords: $50  [ 5 days ]
  Multiple pairs please call for special price.

BTW visit our new website www.swapmeetaudio.com thanks,

charles

tomytoons

Re: Cable Break In Service
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2012, 12:37 am »
I had an Audiodkarma Pro Cable Cooker, what early last year, thinking of doing the same thing.
No one was the least bit interested. Funny, all of us believe in cable break in but no one wants to pay for it.
I sold it, actually exchanged it with a cable manufacturer.

My findings, break-in works better when you go immediately from cooker to equipment. Re-handling and mailing out definitely affects the process and lessens any benefits.

62Truck

« Reply #2 on: 13 Aug 2012, 02:17 am »
I had an Audiodkarma Pro Cable Cooker, what early last year, thinking of doing the same thing.
No one was the least bit interested. Funny, all of us believe in cable break in but no one wants to pay for it.
I sold it, actually exchanged it with a cable manufacturer.

My findings, break-in works better when you go immediately from cooker to equipment. Re-handling and mailing out definitely affects the process and lessens any benefits.

I agree!  Redressing/handling/bending any cable can and will realign it's internal structure and thus require a certain amount of burn in again to reach its full characteristics.  Not that this service or similar isn't value adding.....people should just realize they need to install and then leave alone their cabling.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2012, 02:54 pm »
  Thanks for the input guys. Yes after intial break in at least three days to settle back in is always required. However the affect of the Cable Cooker is faster anf more affective than normal use.
   If one has tubed components breaking in will lose  tube hours. What a waste. Actually have been quite busy on the burn in trail.  So far so good. THANKS ALL.

charles