Pictures of TOTAL LOW WATT SYSTEMS (pictures and brief sentence-no more)

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Also, what's that coming down the wall at twelve o'clock?

Water meter?

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Ok, yea. That's what I was thinking too!  :lol:

Mijknarf

Roscoe:  If you back up this thread a few months, you'll see my previous OB set up... long story short... I wanted a simpler look than I had, so I found this new OB design while surfing online, it's something Nelson pass came up with at the Burning Amp 2013 Festival.  I really liked the one piece compact design and thought I'd give it a whirl.  I can't tell you much of the technical side other than the woofer fires into a slot that vents out the front of the speaker so the front chamber is much smaller than the rear chamber.  Google search "Nelson Pass slot loaded bass" and you'll know what I know.  Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Bob: It's the main water line/meter into my house.  I'm located in a semi finished basement and it's the only spot for me.

Mijknarf

Opnly:  They're 3 feet out now, I tried about 4.5 feet and really can't tell much difference, beyond that, they're too close to me, so this seems to be best.

Apologies:  The previous pics of my system from last year was when I had it in a spare bedroom and it was simply too small to ever sound right.  They're not shown in the previous pics, but I used two H Frame bass units driven by plate amps.  The slot loaded bass with the Crown amp have proven to be much superior.  But the heart of the system remains the 2A3 SET amp + Lowthers which is why I posted it here.  Sorry for any confusion.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
Bob: It's the main water line/meter into my house.  I'm located in a semi finished basement and it's the only spot for me.
I'd love to hear the system, it certainly  "looks" like it would sound good.
You could cover the pipe with some eye-catching absorption or diffusion thing (that was hinges to gain access to the meter). Personally, I'd fixative on the pipe. But I totally understand dealing with the cards your dealt. The best part, is that you have a cool system. The rest is just icing on the cake.

Poultrygeist

Same amp and DAC and speaker drivers (Lowther PM5A and Eminence Beta 15), but new bass amp (Crown  XLS1500), Placette Audio passive RVC and Nelson Pass speaker design.  Best sound yet.

Fantastic job my friend. Thought about getting a Crown for my Alphas since they're on close out. Do you find the Crown a big improvement over your plate amps?

Mijknarf

Thanks Paul.  I can't say its a huge difference, but I grew tired of needing to adjust the eq on my plate amps to sound right and one of the plate amps developed a nagging low level popping sound, so the opportunity presented itself to buy another plate amp or try out the Crown.  The Crown is a "set it and forget it" device.  I set the low pass to 165 Hz, and adjusted the volume to match my Lowthers and I'm done, all in one convenient package.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.

Nice option this woofer facing down.
Do you would inform us how is its sound comparing to the regular upright position?

opnly bafld

• 83 Klipsch LSIs
Nice option this woofer facing down.
Do you would inform us how is its sound comparing to the regular upright position?

They're not shown in the previous pics, but I used two H Frame bass units driven by plate amps.  The slot loaded bass with the Crown amp have proven to be much superior.

merdy

hi Redboy yes i have used the 32 a and b ,they are great and the best part is that they are  time aligned,i once heard a tower around 4cuft with 2 10 inch altecs and a 32 with a 802 it was sick in a nyc apartment
here is what i built over last week to install in my friends store, still tweaking it for next week ,4 mcm pro woofers and an evdh2a in a b stock first octave horn crossed at 600 hz total cost so far around $700 testing with a sansui quad amp ,perfect for biamping

merdy

Russel dawkins this is the mono set up i want

or for back up

Russell Dawkins

Russel dawkins this is the mono set up i want

or for back up

Thanks!
First picture is the ultimate in-ear driver; the second picture is the ultimate center channel.

It's good to know craziness goes back to the 40's, at least.

merdy

here is a build that was made for a friend who has a lot of mono jazz records and many 45,s including some serious reggae,i have just a few records in mono may be 10 as i do not listen to that type of music,but i really appericate how well they were recorded ,i think more young recording engineers should learn from the old techniques
i listened to my Beatles, stones and beach boys in mono ,truly exceptional time in the heyday of multi mixing and evolving stereo

the Beatles with altecs in 612 cabs

happy turkey day milliwatters

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
Looks like a Decware horn design thingy?  :scratch:

parbaked

iPod > HRT iStreamer DAC > Tektron 45/2A3 integrated amplifier > Royd Audio Eden monitors

arthurs

Found Music 2A3 amps wrestling the Tannoy Westminster GR's  :thumb:

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
Ohh, I'd like to hear that!  :thumb:

seikosha

Found Music 2A3 amps wrestling the Tannoy Westminster GR's  :thumb:

Really nice clean looking setup and room.  As good as it looks, I'm sure it even sounds better.

roscoe65

Looks like a Decware horn design thingy?  :scratch:

That's an Altec 210 VOT turned on its side.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
That's an Altec 210 VOT turned on its side.
Ohhh....gotcha. I was thinking it was a variation of the Decware horn (random Google image):