Dodd Audio custom 1 off Hi power digital amp for sale

gld

• Industry Participant
    • http://doddaudio@live.net
I have another custom digital amp built for a shootout a few years ago at Danny's. This thing is built into and old Adcom GFA-555 chassis. The rear plate has been remade out of 3/8" thick aluminum for rigidity. It is based on the Hypex UCD-400 modules and they are stock!
The power supply rails are plus, minus 60 volts and that is coming from an 800 VA transformer, dual windings feeding 2 full wave rectifiers in a pi configuration. As you see in the pics I have included the bottom toroid in the center is the main transformer. There is a 18mh 16Amp toroid choke on each
side of the main transformer,1 for each rail. There are 4 6800uf/80v nichicon cans on each side of the chokes for a total of 54,400uf per rail!
You'll notice another large toroid on top of the main toroid, that's for the full balanced power supply that is built into this amp! :green:, you can notice the input filter on the IEC connector into the fully balanced toroid. Thats how this amp creates the sonics that it does. It makes 200 watts at 8 ohms and 400 watts at 4 ohms continuous, actually it measures more than that! It is incredibly quiet! :green: It is in perfect working order and ready to go.
I am asking $800 for it and I believe that's a deal! :thumb:
BTW the amp won the shootout!
Check the pics

HT cOz

Re: Dodd Audio custom 1 off Hi power digital amp for sale
« Reply #1 on: 10 Dec 2011, 01:05 am »
I can't believe someone has not jumped on this bad boy.  With the new Hypex Ncore 400 coming, this would be the perfect power supply to drive the new module! 

gld

• Industry Participant
    • http://doddaudio@live.net
« Reply #2 on: 12 Dec 2011, 04:10 pm »
$700 :thumb:

jn316

« Reply #3 on: 13 Dec 2011, 10:47 pm »
Man!  :duh:  Would love to compare this to my current amp, but I just can't swing the $ right now.

ctviggen

« Reply #4 on: 15 Dec 2011, 12:38 am »
What are the dimensions?

rockadanny

« Reply #5 on: 15 Dec 2011, 12:27 pm »
Shootout between what other amps?
Were they digital as well?