COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!

I.Greyhound Fan

Re: COLLEGE FOOTBALL RETURNS!
« Reply #220 on: 21 Sep 2017, 03:19 pm »
It should be a great game between SDSU and Northern Illinois who just knocked off Nebraska on their home field last week and gave Boston College fits the first game of the season.

mmurt

« Reply #221 on: 21 Sep 2017, 05:01 pm »
Agreed, this is one I won't miss.  Crowd should be great, the city is starting to get behind the Aztecs.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #222 on: 23 Sep 2017, 09:15 pm »
Sheesh, Okla. State is killing themselves.  2 Stupid plays in the first quarter and a stupid personal foul.  The OSU play calling has been terrible.  They have one of the top 5 QB's in the nation and are trying to run the ball too much.  It hurt them the first 2 offensive series.  2 of their offensive lineman are out so I guess they are being too cautious.  Hope the second half is better but I have a bad feeling about this game.  I think their defense is being exposed against a good team.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #223 on: 24 Sep 2017, 01:57 am »
Sorry to say I was right about the OSU Cowboys.  They are over rated.   Have to give credit to TCU though.  Great game plan and a good team.  The Cowboys were their own worst enemy.  They tried to establish the run game early when they should have established the passing game and then take advantage of the run.  They got behind the first quarter, gave TCU confidence and they never recovered.  Mental mistakes, poor game plan, play calling and penalties killed them along with not having 2 starters on the offensive line.

Mudslide

« Reply #224 on: 24 Sep 2017, 05:39 am »
Can I get a big UGH from us Duck, OKSt, etc fans?!   :(  At least Emil is happy.   :?

Emil

« Reply #225 on: 24 Sep 2017, 11:39 am »
Can I get a big UGH from us Duck, OKSt, etc fans?!   :(  At least Emil is happy.   :?

Yes I am!.
I knew it would be a tough game. Iowa at home is a brutal environment to play in. Michigan lost there last year

This was an amazing throw. McSorely could not have thrown it better.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafbvideos/highlight-penn-state-scores-game-winning-td-as-time-expires/vi-AAsoMEG?refvid=AAsoMEG&ocid=U452DHP

fredgarvin

« Reply #226 on: 24 Sep 2017, 02:56 pm »

The Ducks looked like a middle of the pack team yesterday. Let's hope they can regroup and pull off a couple of upsets.

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #227 on: 24 Sep 2017, 04:53 pm »
UGH!  The Cowboys just lost a 3rd offensive lineman for the season. They also have 2 defensive starters out.
It's not looking good for them.

Mudslide

« Reply #228 on: 2 Oct 2017, 06:28 am »
UGH!  The Cowboys just lost a 3rd offensive lineman for the season. They also have 2 defensive starters out.
It's not looking good for them.

I'll trade 'em problems with the Ducks.  Ducks lost their All-American running back, quarterback, both for 6-8 weeks, the backup qb, a middle linebacker, 2 safeties, 3 receivers, an offensive lineman, and a partridge in a pear tree.  Oh yeah, and another safety was dq'ed for an invisible targeting.  The tv broadcasters were kinda stunned.  They said, "The only one not injured in this game is the Duck [mascot]."

I think Oregon just went from an 8 or 9 win season to maybe 6.  They only have one healthy scholarship qb, now.  And he is a true freshman.  Double ugh.

:shake:

fredgarvin

« Reply #229 on: 2 Oct 2017, 04:42 pm »
I'll trade 'em problems with the Ducks.  Ducks lost their All-American running back, quarterback, both for 6-8 weeks, the backup qb, a middle linebacker, 2 safeties, 3 receivers, an offensive lineman, and a partridge in a pear tree.  Oh yeah, and another safety was dq'ed for an invisible targeting.  The tv broadcasters were kinda stunned.  They said, "The only one not injured in this game is the Duck [mascot]."

I think Oregon just went from an 8 or 9 win season to maybe 6.  They only have one healthy scholarship qb, now.  And he is a true freshman.  Double ugh.

:shake:

The Ducks sure have a history of getting snakebitten at QB. With he and Freeman both gone, it doesn't look very promising.

Mudslide

« Reply #230 on: 2 Oct 2017, 08:28 pm »
The Ducks sure have a history of getting snakebitten at QB. With he and Freeman both gone, it doesn't look very promising.

You got that right, Fred. 

The coaching has been first rate and there will be successes.  But the excellence represented by Freeman and Herbert (THE best qb on the west coast by all standards) is gone.  I hope for fast healing of the other injuries, particularly the backup qb, Alie, and the receivers.  But the really strange thing going on with the Ducks...for the first time since the "Gang Green" of the '90s, they are developing an awesome defense.   :o  Hopefully that will carry them through this season to at least a minor bowl game.

And in the absence of playoff hopes...I thinking...GO PSU!   :thumb:  The tough games are about to begin.  Contender or pretender?!

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #231 on: 2 Oct 2017, 10:06 pm »
PSU is over rated.  They had only 39 yards rushing against Indiana and were forced to win it from the air.  The score was lopsided but IU lost 3 fumbles.

Nice win for San Diego Aztec's against NIU.

Oklahoma State is in trouble.  They played without one of their best offensive lineman and have several starting defenders out.

Looks like it is going to be Bama and Clemson or possibly Oklahoma.  Although OU is going to have a tough time with OSU, TCU, WV and Texas Tech.  They could loose one or 2 of those games.

Mudslide

« Reply #232 on: 2 Oct 2017, 10:32 pm »
Yes, for sure PSU is overrated, as I stated earlier.  But I'm gonna cheer for 'em nonetheless.

I'm with you, hound, it'll be Clemson and Bama again.  Boring.

Emil

« Reply #233 on: 2 Oct 2017, 11:35 pm »
PSU is over rated.  They had only 39 yards rushing against Indiana and were forced to win it from the air.  The score was lopsided but IU lost 3 fumbles.

True, but they were also held to just 14 points.

Indiana always plays tough

I agree with you there. Really haven't been tested yet. Then again beating Iowa in Iowa is now walk in the park. Just ask Michigan. Offense not quite as explosive as last year. Pass rush is anemic

Defenses are really keying on Barkely by stacking the box. Offense line is below average. Passing game needs to be sharper to keep the defense honest.
Barkley will still win the Heisman :thumb:

Big test against Michigan on Oct 21.....and I'll be in the stands :thumb:

I.Greyhound Fan

« Reply #234 on: 14 Oct 2017, 03:43 am »
Wow, Clemson just lost to Syracuse! 

I am still not convinced with Penn State till they play a very good team.

Bama may just be a class above every one with Oklahoma and Clemson losing.  Michigan showed they were posers and need another year under their belt.  TCU is another poser.

I don't know enough about Georgia.

fredgarvin

« Reply #235 on: 14 Oct 2017, 04:23 pm »
That was unexpected! This looks like a year that will be delivering more surprises.

Emil

« Reply #236 on: 15 Oct 2017, 12:40 pm »
Wow, Clemson just lost to Syracuse! 

Dont forget Cal over #6 Washington State 37-3

Neither am I and I'm a PSU fan. Defense can hang with the best. Offensive line is mediocre but they're still able to put up big numbers thanks to Barkley who can break one open at anytime. 
 Next 3 games against Michigan, Ohio State and Michigan State should answer some questions

Nuttin' better than college football :thumb:

Emil

« Reply #237 on: 27 Oct 2017, 06:46 pm »
PSU v tOSU for all the BIG 10 East marbles and maybe a playoff spot tomorrow at 3:30PM.

Edge to tOSU. Home field advantage is so much more important in college football  than in the NFL IMHO.

stlrman

« Reply #238 on: 28 Oct 2017, 07:49 pm »
Penn State off to another blazing start !! Wow  :thumb:
My first time watching them .

twitch54

« Reply #239 on: 29 Oct 2017, 12:31 am »

well they have scored 80 points against two very good teams, I don't know about you but I'm convinced ! even with a tough loss !