New Reviews!: KWA 100 Amp and Sony XA5400ES Tube Mod!

modwright

New Review of KWA 100 (non-SE version) in Festival Son & Image by Michele Leroux!

Link to the PDF of review, translated from French to English.

http://www.modwright.com/review_kwa_100_modwright_en.pdf

New Review by Bob Levi of Positive Feedack, of ModWright Sony XA5400ES Tube Mod!

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue51/modwright.htm

Many thanks to both Michel Leroux and Bob Levi!

Dan W.

Thanks!

Dan W.
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2016, 03:28 pm by modwright »

Phil A

Re: New Reviews!: KWA 100 Amp and Sony XA5400ES Tube Mod!
« Reply #1 on: 24 Sep 2010, 12:37 am »
Congrats!!!

jriggy

« Reply #2 on: 24 Sep 2010, 04:36 am »
Great review of the KWA 100!
Some prefer a detailed and transparent sound without being overly analytical; others believe that music reproduction should be natural with good harmonic density. It’s all a matter of personal taste, but also of system matching. For its part, the KWA 100 brilliantly reconcilies
these two viewpoints.
Could not agree more. This is the aspect I had a hard time wrapping my head around. How could it do both so well?

I had the KWA 100SE from the tour Dan put together. Like it enough I purchased one.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #3 on: 24 Sep 2010, 04:47 am »

I had the KWA 100SE from the tour Dan put together. Like it enough I purchased one.

But you didn't write a tour review Jason ???? :scratch:

jriggy

« Reply #4 on: 24 Sep 2010, 01:41 pm »
I know I know! :oops:  But nether did you!
Ill try to next week but I am still learning here and do not have a ton of experience...

modwright

« Reply #5 on: 24 Sep 2010, 09:34 pm »
Tour experienced a slight delay as it didnt' work when it reached LoneWolf.  We received it back here and found that the two main power connectors at the rear rocker switch were both completely disconnected.  We are all scratching our heads, as the connectiosn are TIGHT!  It could have happened in shipping, but we don't see how.

Anyhow, just an update, not pointing ANY fingers!  Unit experienced no damage otherwise and once power leads were reconnected, all was good again.  Unit is going back out to LoneWolf and Kristin will update 'Tour' dates as a result of the interruption.

Thanks guys!

Dan