FS: Pass Labs INT30A - Re-Reduced (Sold)

cal3713

FS: Pass Labs INT30A - Re-Reduced (Sold)
« on: 29 Jan 2015, 07:59 pm »
************* SOLD ***************.

Up for sale is the extremely well-reviewed Pass INT-30A.  Price new: $7150.  Asking price: $3650

As you are no-doubt aware, this is the integrated amplifier version of the XA-30.5.  It delivers 30 watts of Class A power into an 8 ohm load or 60 into a 4 ohm load before slipping gently into A/B amplification.  This amp is much more powerful than its rating; with a 4 ohm load, it can provide almost 200 watts before clipping.  I used it with a pair of Thiel 2.4s which are renowned for being a difficult, power hungry load.  It controlled them exquisitely, outperforming both a 400W Mcintosh MC402 and Pass’ own X250.5 (500 watts into 4 ohms).  The amp provides beautiful and effortless three-dimensional images that emerge naturally from a perfectly black background.  The sound is subtly warm, with an exquisitely natural midrange.  The XA.5 series is, quite simply, some of the best solid state amplification ever made.  John Atkinson once stated that the XA60.5 (basically the same amp with double the power) was “the best-sounding amplifier I have ever used.”

In reviewing the XA30.5 for Stereophile, Brian Damkroger wrote: “Most of all, the XA30.5 is a superb-sounding amplifier. I absolutely loved listening to music through it, album after album and night after night. It's simple to operate, nice to look at, and extremely well built. It will almost certainly extend the bulletproof reliability I experienced over the short term to a lifetime of use, and add to the stellar reputation that previous Threshold and Pass Labs components have established. Plus, in today's high-end audio world, the XA30.5 is a steal.”  [http://www.stereophile.com/solidpoweramps/pass_labs_xa305_power_amplifier/index.html]

If you purchase the INT-30A, you’ll get all of that, plus a top-quality, Nelson Pass designed pre-amp internally wired directly to the amplifier, for well less than the price of a new XA30.5.

I am the first owner of this amp which was purchased new from RenoHIFI three years ago. The amplifier is a perfect 9, except for one slight issue (which is unfortunately on the front plate and therefor automatically gets a 7 on the standard scale). The amp has a very light (partial) ring around the power light. Unfortunately Nelson chose not to dim the power indicator along with the display, thereby making a bright blue LED light up the listening room whenever the amp was on (it creates shadows). Because I prefer to listen in the dark, I covered this light with an felt pad that had not been moved in the three years I owned the amp. Unfortunately when taking pictures of the unit for sale, I discovered that the adhesive had created a very faint mark on some of the finish. This is shown clearly in the attached pictures. I have subtracted $250 off of my listed price because of this issue (I will include the felt pad at no cost). The remote also has two light surface scratches and a tiny black mark smaller than a pencil tip on one side. Finally, I have made one small improvement to the amp, removing the C/E compliant top nuts from the speaker binding posts and replacing them with top nuts that allow you to use banana plugs. These are a drop-in replacement also made by vampire wire (Nelson’s supplier) and sell with the same binding posts used on the INT-30A (just not C/E compliant). Nelson uses this exact same binding post/top nut combination on his First Watt offerings.

Full specifications of this wonderful amp are available @ https://passlabs.com/products/amplifiers/integrated/int-30a

Buyer pays shipping and paypal fees.  See my perfect feedback on Agon under cal3713.  Please contact me if you have any questions.

- Chris

« Last Edit: 2 Jun 2015, 06:35 am by cal3713 »

cal3713

Re: FS: Pass Labs INT30A - $4050
« Reply #1 on: 5 Feb 2015, 12:47 am »
66lbs shipped in the factory double box (25 X 20 X 16).  Currently located at 80302.

watercourse

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2015, 06:35 am »
Free bump for a fantastic integrated.

InfernoSTi

« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2015, 02:16 pm »
I have recently added a Pass Labs XA-30.5 to my system...it is an amazing amp.  This amp with the Pass Labs pre amp built in is going to make you very happy. 

jdoris

Re: FS: Pass Labs INT30A - Re-Reduced
« Reply #4 on: 7 Apr 2015, 10:02 pm »
I have owned this amp for several years; not a ton of press, but it is altogether sweet sounding.

Very hard to beat at the asking price, I'd wager.

Chris is a good guy to do business with, as well.

John

cal3713

« Reply #5 on: 7 Apr 2015, 10:06 pm »
Also, anyone within driving distance to Boulder, CO is welcome to arrange an audition.

watercourse

« Reply #6 on: 7 Apr 2015, 11:32 pm »
Still loving mine. I am consistently impressed with its performance at low volumes: plenty of dynamics, bass extension, and wide and deep soundstaging. I keep thinking about whether the newer Pass integrateds would be better, but I kinda can't be bothered since this one performs so well. A great price being offered!

jdoris

« Reply #7 on: 8 Apr 2015, 05:12 pm »
Newer Integrateds?!  I thought the INT-30A and the INT-150 were the only Pass IAs in production.

cal3713

« Reply #8 on: 8 Apr 2015, 05:44 pm »
Yes, they're releasing the INT-60 and INT-250 which will be used to complement the INT-30A and INT-150.  They'll be more expensive but will have some of the .8 technology as well.  The INT-60 will retail for 9k, the INT-250 for 12k, and in September the INT-30A will increase in price to $7500. 

cal3713

« Reply #9 on: 9 Apr 2015, 06:43 am »
Thought it would be fun to make a whole sale change.  Selling my entire system... 

Pass Labs INT-30A:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=132119.0 [SOLD]
Thiel Audio CS 2.4:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=133806.0 [SOLD]
PS Audio DirectStream DAC:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=133807.0 [SOLD]
Anti-Cable RCAs:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=133808.0 [SOLD]
« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2015, 03:22 pm by cal3713 »

watercourse

« Reply #10 on: 2 May 2015, 06:05 pm »
You know it's slow when Pass gear is taking a while to sell, especially a destined-to-be-classic piece like this...

bump

RDavidson

« Reply #11 on: 3 May 2015, 01:43 am »
+1 His whole setup is very nice.

cal3713

Re: FS: Pass Labs INT30A - Re-Reduced ($3650)
« Reply #12 on: 29 May 2015, 06:29 pm »
Slow season bump.

cal3713

Re: FS: Pass Labs INT30A - Re-Reduced (Sold)
« Reply #13 on: 2 Jun 2015, 06:36 am »
And it's sold.  Someone should buy those great Thiel 2.4s that are linked above. The last piece of the rig...