Led Zeppelin House of Holy Remaster

BobC

Re: Led Zeppelin House of Holy Remaster
« Reply #20 on: 28 Oct 2014, 07:14 pm »
sorry $29.98 on hdtracks.com  I think I'll live with my current 16/44 version.

I think I'd go $15 to $20 max for an upgrade and thats only if I really love the album.

BobC

« Reply #21 on: 28 Oct 2014, 07:19 pm »
I see now I was looking at the "deluxe edition" LZ IV - which has bonus tracks.

I see another for $20.  Hmmm.

werd

« Reply #22 on: 28 Oct 2014, 08:22 pm »
Don't bother with the cheaper. The deluxe has the extra recordings which make the release interesting.  That is what I was talking about actually.

werd

« Reply #23 on: 28 Oct 2014, 08:26 pm »
Anybody get Zeppelin iV yet?

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #24 on: 28 Oct 2014, 08:49 pm »
Yep it's better than HOH...didn't get the deluxe version.
Mark

werd

Re: Led Zeppelin Houses of Holy Remaster
« Reply #25 on: 28 Oct 2014, 08:52 pm »
Yep it's better than HOH...didn't get the deluxe version.
Mark

Did you get the deluxe version of HOTH?

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #26 on: 28 Oct 2014, 09:22 pm »
Yep...liked it, but agree with you for the most part...except the garbage part.  :)

LZ IV is better.

Mark

pconley2

« Reply #27 on: 29 Oct 2014, 09:57 pm »
Has anyone tried the high rez downloads of any of the Zeppelin albums (96/24 is the highest rez currently, I don't think there are any 196/24 yet), including HOTH and especially LZ IV?

werd

« Reply #28 on: 29 Oct 2014, 10:03 pm »
Yep...liked it, but agree with you for the most part...except the garbage part.  :)

LZ IV is better.

Mark

Garbage was a little over board. More of s knee jerk reaction to the first half of the recording.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #29 on: 29 Oct 2014, 11:36 pm »
I have IV and HotH.  Both are more compressed with a pretty in your face soundstage.  Both are more similar to I-III than to older masterings.  IV sounds just like I-III, actually and IMO.  HotH is similar overall but has a wince inducing high frequency spike.  Sounds like around 2khz, to my ears.  You get used to it I guess, but I wish it wasn't there.

rockadanny

« Reply #30 on: 29 Oct 2014, 11:43 pm »
IV sounds just like I-III, actually

+1. Agree with Tyson.

I am glad I picked up IV (as I had been for I-III) as a replacement for the previous version(s). Will do the same if/when Physical Grafitti comes out.
That will give me all the ones I want and being this is the third time I've bought them all (vinyl, previous version, and now these latest) I will NEVER buy them again EVER!!  :icon_lol:

vortrex

« Reply #31 on: 30 Oct 2014, 05:28 pm »
Just got my HOTH a few min, man, it's not perfect but to call this garbage is completely ridiculous.  I actually think it sounds better than LZ I from what I remember.  I agree the guitar can be a tad bright at times, but I hear no problems with the vocals at all.  It is also dead quiet too.  I have a system that is geared towards not being bright though, since I am really sensitive to that.

ebag4

« Reply #32 on: 31 Oct 2014, 05:41 pm »
HOTH may be a little more forward than what I have heard previously but I think it sounds very good, not to the level of improvement I heard with III but still quite good. 
« Last Edit: 31 Oct 2014, 07:13 pm by ebag4 »

rbbert

« Reply #33 on: 1 Nov 2014, 12:36 am »
IV is without a doubt the worst sounding of the five released so far; of course, I think that may have always been the case.  The spectrum appearance of HOTH (24-96) shows nothing unusual.

k6davis

« Reply #34 on: 1 Nov 2014, 12:06 pm »
The original CD release of HOTH sounds better than any of the remasters. The new remaster gives up a lot of warmth and Presence (LOL) for its increased "clarity".