Introducing the mind blowing EVS Ground Enhancers!

werd

Re: Introducing the mind blowing EVS Ground Enhancers!
« Reply #40 on: 16 Nov 2010, 07:39 am »
Look on the bright side. If it doesn't work it still looks like you can catch some good size pickeral with it....  :lol:

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #41 on: 16 Nov 2010, 07:48 am »
Look on the bright side. If it doesn't work it still looks like you can catch some good size pickeral with it....  :lol:

or brighter yet, I can return them and get my money back.  :eyebrows:

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #42 on: 16 Nov 2010, 07:06 pm »
When I take em apart to expose the magical parts, will the warranty still be intact?  Are these in the Mapingo Disc family of nonsense?

There are no undisclosed majic parts... everything is revealed in the diyA thread.

dave

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #43 on: 17 Nov 2010, 10:23 pm »
Well the delivery was mighty quick, 2 days from notification, USPS from coast to coast. Very nice.  :thumb:  I have them installed on my mains but I gotta say there's really nothing to these for the money, I personally couldn't see spending hundreds of dollars on them. But if I can realize anything at all positive from them, the $25/pair will be an OK expense.

It's break-in/demo time folks.  8)

Cheers,
Robin

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #44 on: 17 Nov 2010, 11:41 pm »

It's break-in/demo time folks.  8)

Cheers,
Robin

What's to break-in? 

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #45 on: 18 Nov 2010, 12:43 am »
I can't get the guy to return my emails, I guess he's just really busy....or....so Robin are you hearing any positive changes in the sound??

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #46 on: 18 Nov 2010, 12:44 am »
What's to break-in?

Well maybe "acclimate" would be a better word to use for your delicate sensibilties Jason.  :lol:   

While all I had to go by were other reported reactions which most bring up an adjustment (break-in) time, I'm finding the clarity gains and heightened soundstage to be fairly immediate. In fact, it was within the 1st 10 minutes that I knew these Enhancers were keepers. I'm also finding substantial sound stage improvements to my center channel and rear channel loudspeakers also. I think Ric won't be getting too many returns from those who made the move to try these little tweeks. If anything, I'll be looking forward to Ric's introduction of the RCA Ground Enhancers.

Enhanced highs,,,, Enhanced lows,,, these Ground Enhancers sure aren't from Bose.  :jester:

Cheers,
Robin

mdfoy

« Reply #47 on: 18 Nov 2010, 01:39 am »
My sentiments as well.  Right out of the box, the enhancers quiet things down and open things up a bit.  I will give them a day or so and give another assessment. So far sooooooo good :thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #48 on: 18 Nov 2010, 01:46 am »
My sentiments as well.  Right out of the box, the enhancers quiet things down and open things up a bit.  I will give them a day or so and give another assessment. So far sooooooo good :thumb:

Well my sentiments are slightly different than yours, my Enhancers have made my system louder than ever.  :lol:   It cries to me, more volume,,, and I oblige.  :rock: 

For me & my system, it's always been less ground noise = more air noise.  :green:

Cheers,
Robin

Ric Schultz

« Reply #49 on: 18 Nov 2010, 03:17 am »
Sorry guys for taking so long to get them out.  I knew they would be popular but did not estimate how many initial orders I would get and the extra time taking all the orders and training people.  All orders taken through the 11th will be shipped by Monday.  Many going out everyday.

Just put the info online for the RCA and XLR versions (I know all the pics suck...will have some better ones soon....in fact, you can submit your own photos and if I use it I will give you 25% off the next order.....I have only so much time!).  I should have the info for the stereo phone connectors next week (for use on the output of headphone amps....many have parallel outputs).  The RCA versions are kinda cool.....I am using the Telos RCA shields.....so you get shielding and Enhancing. 

Then after that I will have both solid and stackable bananas (some speakers like Maggies, some Vandersteens, etc. only have banana holes, so we must fill those holes).   Then lastly I will have spades.....as the hooked versions can be used spade like now.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #50 on: 18 Nov 2010, 04:33 am »
So to get the best results, the kind Robin and others are reporting, do they need to be placed on the speaker ground terminals and the power amps ground out?  If so, then I would need to order two pairs correct?

gibheid

« Reply #51 on: 18 Nov 2010, 05:38 am »
Just put the info online for the RCA and XLR versions

Hi Ric. I don't know if this is happening for anyone else, but the pictures of the Enhancers on tweakaudio.com are obscuring the text for me. The text seems to be hidden behind your photos (I can see bits of it poking out). :cry:

It's good news that the stock is starting to flow, however; I'm eagerly awaiting my shipment since I hooked up some loops of zip cord and was impressed with the results!

:thumb:

PS I use a MAC, and the EVS page malfunctions on the latest versions of both Firefox & Safari.
« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2010, 07:54 pm by gibheid »

Ric Schultz

« Reply #52 on: 18 Nov 2010, 06:15 am »
Try Explorer.  The website is written using Explorer.  Does anyone with a PC have problems seeing the text?  There are programs that let the Mac run Explorer and also older versions of Explorer are compatible.  I will contact my web software company and see if I can make the program more compatible with MAC.

highfilter

« Reply #53 on: 18 Nov 2010, 06:25 am »
Try Explorer.  The website is written using Explorer.  Does anyone with a PC have problems seeing the text?  There are programs that let the Mac run Explorer and also older versions of Explorer are compatible.  I will contact my web software company and see if I can make the program more compatible with MAC.

Running a PC, Windows 7. The page layout is messed up in Firefox 3.6.8, Chrome 8.0.552.200 beta, Safari 5.0.2, and Opera 10.62.

It appears fine in Internet Explorer 8. It is a pretty simple site and shouldn't be too hard to make it cross-browser compatible. Looking forward to trying these out in a month or so after I get my speakers setup and broken in.

srb

« Reply #54 on: 18 Nov 2010, 06:27 am »

The page does not display properly in FireFox and Safari under Windows, but it does display properly in Internet Explorer under Windows.  I always confirm that a webpage will display properly with all of the major browsers.

It appears that old style HTML font formatting is used instead of more modern and browser-compliant CSS formatting.

Steve

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #55 on: 18 Nov 2010, 06:28 am »
but the pictures of the Enhancers on tweakaudio.com are obscuring the text for me....

PS I use a MAC, and the EVS page malfunctions on both Firefox & Safari.

and in iCab.

dave

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #56 on: 18 Nov 2010, 06:29 am »
On my MSN Explorer, the XLR dialog is being overwritten by the  www. address websites. Other than that, the rest of the page is perfect. Not a real big deal for me but I have a large monitor, and it's the pictures that I care about.  :lol:

On closer look, the pictures themselves are covering up dialog also.

Cheers,
Robin

planet10

• Industry Participant
  • Frugal-phile (tm)
    • planet10-hifi
« Reply #57 on: 18 Nov 2010, 06:30 am »
Try Explorer.  The website is written using Explorer.

There is no Explorer for the Mac. Besides that it is really badly written software. It breaks all sorts of web standards.

dave

gibheid

« Reply #58 on: 18 Nov 2010, 10:03 pm »
Whoa! I received notification of shipping yesterday--the email was caught by my junk filter and I missed it. Only a couple of days!

:thumb:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #59 on: 18 Nov 2010, 10:05 pm »
Well I've had my Ground Enhancers on for 24 solid hours now and their contributions haven't faded in the least during the system(and my) "acclimation" period. I find the benefits to quite dramatic in my system which is already heavily loaded with power, signal, and other tweek conditioning. The sound stage expansion is likened to my Acoustic Revive RR-77, only greater and more importantly comes with the inner clarity that really accounts for this depth perception of the sound stage.

While I hadn't actually noticed any "ringing" that's said to be caused from the long wire lead, I did find it benefitial to use the included string that I attached from the Enhancer's tip to my speaker cable to add a very slight tension to them.

Having already installed the Acoustic Revive RGC-24 Ground Conditioner to my Sunfire processor for the last year now, I can already attest to the benefits of individual component grounding units. But at $450 each, it's definitely not an attractive avenue to follow for each system component let alone just 1.  :roll:  So when something as cost effective as Ric's RCA version of the Ground Enhancer for only $25 ($22.50 for more than 1) comes along, this has me looking over my components. I will most likely be ordering 6 more Enhancers (w/banana's) for the 6 channels on my Butler tube hybrid amps. I really wish I could find a spot on my Havana tube Dac for one but the only unused connections are the Toslink & USB.  :?  Then I have some unused RCA outputs available on my DirecTv HD DVR?  :o   I might just try one more hook Enhancer for the ground connection on my BPT balanced power conditioner?  :dunno: You just don't know til you try(unless you're an individual who already knows everything[you know who you are], I am not that individual).  8)

Cheers,
Robin