Black Panther

Early B.

Black Panther
« on: 22 Feb 2018, 11:04 pm »
Kind of surprised no one has posted about the Black Panther yet. It's shattered pre-sales records and is ranked as one of the best movies of all time by Rotten Tomatoes with a score of 97 out of 100. Critics and fans love this movie.  Anyone seen it? 

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: Black Panther
« Reply #1 on: 22 Feb 2018, 11:32 pm »
Kind of surprised no one has posted about the Black Panther yet. It's shattered pre-sales records and is ranked as one of the best movies of all time by Rotten Tomatoes with a score of 97 out of 100. Critics and fans love this movie.  Anyone seen it?

Loved it!!

Rare time when the super positive reviews match reality.

Highly recommended.

George

BobRex

« Reply #2 on: 23 Feb 2018, 12:40 am »
It's the best Marvel movie yet.  And that's coming from an almost 50 year (not 50 year old...) comic geek.  If you know T'Challa's history, almost everything was touched, from Klaw's sonic canon to M'Baku, to Killmonger.  Well done is minor praise!

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2018, 01:17 am »
Loved it too.  Killmonger was one of the better recent Marvel villians.  But it was the women that really stole the show.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 23 Feb 2018, 01:24 am »
Loved it too.  Killmonger was one of the better recent Marvel villians.  But it was the women that really stole the show.

Agreed on the women stealing the show. 

Danai Gurira was outstanding!!  I certainly wouldn't mess with her.

George

Big Red Machine

« Reply #5 on: 25 Feb 2018, 11:36 pm »
One of the worst movies I ever wasted money on. Boring characters, boring plot, gratuitous flash of colors, dialect, and CG. I partially dozed off twice and it was 3D Imax!! Game Night was a much better time.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 26 Feb 2018, 11:51 am »
One of the worst movies I ever wasted money on. Boring characters, boring plot, gratuitous flash of colors, dialect, and CG. I partially dozed off twice and it was 3D Imax!! Game Night was a much better time.

Just curious Pete...do you generally like or dislike the Marvel movies?

Sorry to hear that it didn't connect with you.

George

DogsPart2

« Reply #7 on: 26 Feb 2018, 02:45 pm »
I prefer the prequel; The Pink Panther.

Cacophonix

« Reply #8 on: 26 Feb 2018, 04:47 pm »
Caught this movie yesterday, and thought that it was very well done. I find a lot of these super hero movie very repetitive but this came across as very fresh.  :thumb:

mcgsxr

« Reply #9 on: 26 Feb 2018, 07:52 pm »
I remain interested in this one - though I am 100% ignorant of the back story and won't likely be able to follow the "lore" as well as those entranced with Marvel and other comic based movies.

I am looking for an action movie safe for my daughters (12 and 14) who have loved the other Marvel movies.

jonbee

« Reply #10 on: 26 Feb 2018, 08:59 pm »
I liked it a lot, much more than I expected. A beautiful look, and less reliance on a predictably violent third act which mars a lot of the genre, imo. Closer to my idea of what a sci-fi/superhero movie should be.
An obvious attempt to elevate the status of Africa, it uses the natural beauty and native design elements to very good effect.
Update- my wife saw it with a granddaughter. She is very down on superhero movies as a rule, but she really liked it. I guess that says something.
« Last Edit: 28 Feb 2018, 08:46 pm by jonbee »

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #11 on: 28 Feb 2018, 08:45 am »
Fantastic film! :thumb:  I'm not generally a fan of 3D but it worked well for Black Panther.  It was well done!  Lots of strong female roles, good story, great effects.  Chadwick Boseman is great (no surprise, he generally is great) and captured the character and the physicality.  I may go see it once more!

stlrman

« Reply #12 on: 28 Feb 2018, 10:44 am »
We liked it ! It’s fine for you kids . I took my 11 year daughter.

zybar

• Volunteer
« Reply #13 on: 28 Feb 2018, 11:53 am »
Fantastic film! :thumb:  I'm not generally a fan of 3D but it worked well for Black Panther.  It was well done!  Lots of strong female roles, good story, great effects.  Chadwick Boseman is great (no surprise, he generally is great) and captured the character and the physicality.  I may go see it once more!

Going to see it again today or tomorrow with my wife and kids.

George

wushuliu

« Reply #14 on: 6 Mar 2018, 07:08 pm »
All i can say is: wow.

For sure an overdue oscar win for best costume design next year to the venerable Ruth Carter. She’s earned it.