Gustard U12 / microRendu Issue

MrUnderhill

Gustard U12 / microRendu Issue
« on: 6 Aug 2016, 04:56 pm »
Dear All,

I bought a U12 to allow me to use a Sonore microRendu (mR) with my Bel Canto DAC, and was impressed with it. However, last night I turned off the mR via the web interface and this morning when I turned it back on I got silence.

The U12 is reporting the correct file frequency, as is the mR and the DAC. I power cycled the U12 and unplugged and re-plugged the mR, no difference.

I went through a troubleshooting cycle to prove what was causing the issue. I am currently listening to music from my NAS using the mR and Bel Canto by using my Oppo 105D in place of the U12 - works OK.

I have dropped the U12 seller a message asking for advice.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

M

MrUnderhill

Re: Gustard U12 / microRendu Issue
« Reply #1 on: 8 Aug 2016, 11:29 am »
Update:

I loaded the drivers onto Windows 10 and connected using USB, in the hope that a different device might 'wake' the U12 up - nope.

MrUnderhill

Re: Gustard U12 / microRendu Issue
« Reply #2 on: 8 Aug 2016, 02:53 pm »
SOLVED!

By Martin @Vortexbox. If you are using the microRendu and change apps/DACs then you need to re-initialise the communications with the DAC. This is done via the relevant app in mR.

In my case I have been using MPD, going into the MPD app there is nothing to change, just press 'save changes' - voila, MUSIC.

M

P.S. Not sure why the Oppo just worked but not the Gustard, just glad it did!