BatteryBUSS group buy!!!

rogerdn

Re: BatteryBUSS group buy!!!
« Reply #20 on: 20 Apr 2011, 10:59 pm »
Dave,

The Optmima is an AGM isn't it ?  I understand your reply to say not to use one ??

In looking OL for AGM's yes there are a ton of them but it is not easy to find a site that lists the AH rating, what I can find shows batteries as replacements, ie listing the original equipment it is used on.  Without endorsing anything could you suggest one or two sources we might use ?

And you have me a bit worried about what might happen with these guys if misused, could you elaborate a bit on what we need to avoid.

I would like to get on your group buy list.

regards,

roger

praedet

« Reply #21 on: 20 Apr 2011, 11:09 pm »
^^^No, he meant you can use Optima batteries as they are sealed...

rogerdn

« Reply #22 on: 20 Apr 2011, 11:58 pm »
Dave...I found your July post on the caution issues and the OptIma question was clarified by praedet, no need to reply further.

mikeeastman

« Reply #23 on: 21 Apr 2011, 12:00 am »
Here is site if you want 35 amphr or bigger. They have some of the best prices but freight might be a factor, so also check locally.  http://www.solar-electric.com/batteries.html

Mike

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #24 on: 21 Apr 2011, 12:37 am »
Dave...I found your July post on the caution issues and the OptIma question was clarified by praedet, no need to reply further.
Sorry I didn't get back to the thread intime to give you an answer, but today has been a barnburner.  I have answered so many questions on the phone and via email that my brain has turned to silly putty.  praedet got it right - the Optima is a great choice.  I will try to post some sources tomorrow if all of the guys looking don't.  Personally, I use a PowerSonic 100AH bomber that holds down the southeast corner of the den and a Ctek 3500 battery charger.  Great combo and I leave it on in a maintenance mode.

HTH

Dave

rogerdn

« Reply #25 on: 21 Apr 2011, 01:44 am »
Here is site if you want 35 amphr or bigger. They have some of the best prices but freight might be a factor, so also check locally.  http://www.solar-electric.com/batteries.html

Mike

Thks but yes shipping a bit much @ $ 31.

srb

« Reply #26 on: 21 Apr 2011, 01:50 am »
Personally, I use a PowerSonic 100AH bomber that holds down the southeast corner of the den and a Ctek 3500 battery charger.

Is the 3500 a discontinued model, or is it actually the Multi US 3300?

Steve

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #27 on: 21 Apr 2011, 02:05 am »
Interstate Batteries also sells AGM batteries of different AH ratings. 

I have the 100AH versions here for backup power in case of outages.  I picked up mine locally and saved shipping. 

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #28 on: 21 Apr 2011, 02:06 am »

Is the 3500 a discontinued model, or is it actually the Multi US 3300?

Steve
My fingers and my brain are parts of different systems in an aging machine... Yes, the 3300 charger.  I also have the 7002 USA charger.  It was part of a buy 2 get none free sale, I think  :o

I keep typing without my glasses on and things getd lsacndlc csdfchnac

Dave
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2011, 04:33 am by dBe »

praedet

« Reply #29 on: 21 Apr 2011, 09:21 pm »
Dave,
IThis is a cross post cause I don't know if you saw it ;)

I am very interested in a BattaryBUSS, but here is my situation....

I have a Battery power supply that has an input for the charger, and 4 outputs for components.  Long term these 4 will be...
1. Dodd Audio Battery Buffer (Already running on the supply)
2. Class D Audio SDS-254 Amp (Will be running on this supply soon)
3. Alix PC Linux Music Server (Currently building the cord to run this, requires 7-20V)
4. TPA Buffalo 32s DAC (Not even built yet)

I want to have as clean and dynamic a power source as possible, so what do I need?  4 BatteryBusses?  The Dodd and Amp have Neutrik inputs, and the Battery PS has all Neutrik Powercons...
If this would be easier over the phone, let me know ;)

Ted

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #30 on: 21 Apr 2011, 09:29 pm »
Dave,
IThis is a cross post cause I don't know if you saw it ;)

I am very interested in a BattaryBUSS, but here is my situation....

I have a Battery power supply that has an input for the charger, and 4 outputs for components.  Long term these 4 will be...
1. Dodd Audio Battery Buffer (Already running on the supply)
2. Class D Audio SDS-254 Amp (Will be running on this supply soon)
3. Alix PC Linux Music Server (Currently building the cord to run this, requires 7-20V)
4. TPA Buffalo 32s DAC (Not even built yet)

I want to have as clean and dynamic a power source as possible, so what do I need?  4 BatteryBusses?  The Dodd and Amp have Neutrik inputs, and the Battery PS has all Neutrik Powercons...
If this would be easier over the phone, let me know ;)

Ted

Stay tooned.........

OK, I'm back... or my back hurts.. or both.

I don't think you will need 4 or 3 or maybe not even 2.  I am working on a series on traps for digital noise migration back down the power cabling back to the BatteryBUSS from computers, DACs, etc.  I "think" that I have this under control.  I'll know early next week about all of this.  The traps are a series of ferrite high impedance beads on the output cables along with some internal filters closely related to the final filters in my UberBUSS.

There is certainly not a problem with power delivery through the BatteryBUSS.  The throughput is carried by 10ga copper bussbars and the PowerCon is rated at 30amps.  I think we're good there.  The Neutrik XLR's used for high current outs are rated @ 10A per leg.  The low current tinyXLR outputs are rated @ 5A per leg.  I can always use something like a Neutrik Speakon as a power out and those are 30A, so...

Truth is that I'd love to sell you a dozen of these things, but one SHOULD do it.  Like I said, I'll know next week.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I just checked UPS tracking and the enclosures are slated for delivery tomorrow.  Here is hoping  :eyebrows:

Dave
« Last Edit: 22 Apr 2011, 04:40 am by dBe »

praedet

« Reply #31 on: 25 Apr 2011, 05:40 pm »
Crap, I saw the original reply before you added the info!

Well, that sounds pretty good!  So, would all power run through this from the battery, and then the Buss would have 4 outputs of various sizes?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #32 on: 26 Apr 2011, 02:54 am »
Crap, I saw the original reply before you added the info!

Well, that sounds pretty good!  So, would all power run through this from the battery, and then the Buss would have 4 outputs of various sizes?
The BatteryBUSS can have up to 4 outputs.  The PowerCon is rated @ 30A @125VAC, and is up to whatever we might throw at it with 4 outputs on the front.  Internal bussbars will be 10ga. 

I'm waiting on some circuit breakers right now.  As soon as I get them in I'll be ready to go, I think.  I just need to get an idea of the type of terminations that people will be wanting on the outputs.

What will you be needing. for instance?

Dave

praedet

« Reply #33 on: 26 Apr 2011, 03:25 am »
Since the battery box I have is set-up completely with Gray PowerCons, I would basically need that on the BUSS too as I have all the cables I made.  If not, I guess I can make new ones...

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #34 on: 26 Apr 2011, 02:19 pm »
Since the battery box I have is set-up completely with Gray PowerCons, I would basically need that on the BUSS too as I have all the cables I made.  If not, I guess I can make new ones...
I will PM you......

Dave

morganc

« Reply #35 on: 26 Apr 2011, 04:28 pm »
So Dave,   You will have 4 outlets on these and plenty of current, so would this be suitable for an amplifier in addition to the digital front end?  If so, what would the difference be between this and an Uber?   
Thanks and I know you're busy but figured others would want to know too. 
Best,
Morgan

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #36 on: 26 Apr 2011, 04:57 pm »
So Dave,   You will have 4 outlets on these and plenty of current, so would this be suitable for an amplifier in addition to the digital front end?  If so, what would the difference be between this and an Uber?   
Thanks and I know you're busy but figured others would want to know too. 
Best,
Morgan
Morgan, this is for ~ 12VDC, NOT for AC power.  It provides filtration, very low output impedance for the DC current and distribution for battery power supplies to units that run on 12VDC or less (with proper regulation).

The Uber is for 125VAC only and is completely different internally due to the nature of AC as compared to DC.

Different voltage and current types require different devices.

Dave

morganc

« Reply #37 on: 27 Apr 2011, 04:24 am »
Thanks Dave.    :duh:

rogerdn

« Reply #38 on: 27 Apr 2011, 01:16 pm »
Is there price announced yet for the Mach 2 Mini mod ?

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #39 on: 27 Apr 2011, 01:20 pm »
Is there price announced yet for the Mach 2 Mini mod ?

Yes!  < $1M   :wink: