T.H.E. Show - Anyone going?

BPoletti

T.H.E. Show - Anyone going?
« on: 6 Dec 2010, 07:08 pm »
Anyone else going?  When will you arrive?  Depart?  Staying anywhere interesting?  Hanging in any particular suite or display? 

TONEPUB

Re: T.H.E. Show - Anyone going?
« Reply #1 on: 6 Dec 2010, 07:11 pm »
Doubt it, nothing that interesting there.  All the action is at the Venetian....
The NFS audio room is always very cool though!

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
« Reply #2 on: 6 Dec 2010, 07:31 pm »
The Red Rock VIII ballroom of the Flamingo hosts the VMPS/Atmasphere/Bybee/Wywires room, with a live vs recorded demo.

Jazz singer/songwriter/pianist Napua Davoy and her band are the featured performers all four days, starting at 1:15pm. We will record and play back in hi-rez and DSD from tube condenser mics through the RM50 speakers ($14,500pr).

Should be more interesting than anything at the Venetian!

BPoletti

« Reply #3 on: 6 Dec 2010, 07:54 pm »
Agreed, Brian.  I expect to spend some time in the ballroom but will mostly be in 4015 (Herron Audio).  I'll try to find you for an introduction. 

Bill

mjosef

« Reply #4 on: 7 Dec 2010, 04:24 am »
I'll be going...I'll be there from Day 1...I have the penthouse at Wynns...yeah right  :lol:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #5 on: 7 Dec 2010, 06:57 am »
T.H.E Show.......I'll have to get there one day.... :D

Brian Cheney

• http://www.vmpsaudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 12 Dec 2010, 06:50 pm »
Just announced: Krell is moving its exhibit to the Flamingo, and will show its full line in a 28th floor penthouse suite. 

THE Show is considerably more interesting than what's at the Venetian.  Quite apart from that, CES treats its audio exhibitors like children and provides poor service at high prices, with a don't-give-a-damn attitude that includes $100 advance badge fees increasing to an outrageous $200 after Jan 1. 

Public and press alike should boycott the Venetian until conditions there change.

BPoletti

« Reply #7 on: 17 Dec 2010, 08:31 am »
Not sure if I'll go or not.  The manufacturer I was going to assist suffered a broken leg today.  Very bad break, very serious.  No way will he be able to go.

Too bad.  Though I was looking forward to driving out with him.  Just wouldn't seem right to go without him.  Seeing old friends, making new ones. 

Maybe next year....

Bill