Audiogon question

WireNut

Re: Audiogon question
« Reply #60 on: 16 Dec 2014, 07:42 pm »

I called his bluff, eBay said if he sends it back, he gets his money.  I took the money out of paypal, un connected my bank account and let it roll.

JP

Yes, I've been considering cancelling my bank account and opening up one somewhere else due to this last transaction. I'm still thinking about it. Not sure what I'll do yet.

jparkhur

« Reply #61 on: 16 Dec 2014, 07:44 pm »
Yes, I've been considering cancelling my bank account and opening up one somewhere else due to this last transaction. I'm still thinking about it. Not sure what I'll do yet.

I just unlinked it in paypal.   They can pound sand.  Try to do the right thing and be a good buyer and seller... but there will always be those out there to take advantage...

WireNut

« Reply #62 on: 16 Dec 2014, 07:48 pm »
I just unlinked it in paypal.   They can pound sand.  Try to do the right thing and be a good buyer and seller... but there will always be those out there to take advantage...

I just now did it. Thanks so much for the tip  :thumb: I feel a little better and safer now.

rodge827

« Reply #63 on: 16 Dec 2014, 07:54 pm »
Guys,

Open a checking or savings account in a separate bank than your regular bank, and only keep enough in there for the transactions. It can be a PITA taking cash from one account driving to the next bank and depositing it, but hey it could be worth it.  :)

Chris 

Don_S

« Reply #64 on: 16 Dec 2014, 07:57 pm »
Guys,

Open a checking or savings account in a separate bank than your regular bank, and only keep enough in there for the transactions. It can be a PITA taking cash from one account driving to the next bank and depositing it, but hey it could be worth it.  :)

Chris

Good luck finding a bank that does not charge fees unless you meet minimum requirements like using direct deposit or leaving $1500 in savings account that pays 0.00001 % interest.

rodge827

« Reply #65 on: 16 Dec 2014, 08:15 pm »
Oops forgot about that  :duh:

After reading about all of the bad deals and now remembering more of the times I got screwed... It's time for a beer!

stlrman

« Reply #66 on: 16 Dec 2014, 10:52 pm »
I have had only perfect buying and selling experiences on Agon and eBay .

viggen

« Reply #67 on: 19 Dec 2014, 05:49 pm »
in my audiogon ads, i state i only ship to 48 states.  some buyers get around this by having me ship to an exporter here in the states who then ships to whatever country the buyer is in.  recently maybe 3 out of 4 of my transactions are these types.  i got paid just fine.  but, anything fishy about this? 

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #68 on: 19 Dec 2014, 06:00 pm »
I have had only perfect buying and selling experiences on Agon and eBay .

Mine have been fine on Agon, but it's only been 6 or 8 items, tops.  Had a few bad deals on ebay, with both buyers and sellers.  Now that it's so much BIN or Paypal only, I seldom look there.

timind

• permanent vacation
« Reply #69 on: 19 Dec 2014, 10:08 pm »
Good luck finding a bank that does not charge fees unless you meet minimum requirements like using direct deposit or leaving $1500 in savings account that pays 0.00001 % interest.

That's what credit unions are for.

rodge827

« Reply #70 on: 20 Dec 2014, 02:05 am »