Signature Series Rendu

masterlogic

Signature Series Rendu
« on: 30 Jun 2014, 07:37 am »
Hi Jesus,

Will the Signature Series Rendu be compatible with streaming music services such as Spotify and Qobuz?

How will it differ from the standard Rendu?

Thanks

vortecjr

• Facilitator
  • the sound has to be in concert with the music....
    • Sonore by Simple Design
Re: Signature Series Rendu
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jul 2014, 03:03 am »
Hi Jesus,

Will the Signature Series Rendu be compatible with streaming music services such as Spotify and Qobuz?

How will it differ from the standard Rendu?

Thanks

No and the issues is really more about how to send these streams to the Rendu to render them in the first place. Also, understand that the Rendu project is not trying to be a Jack of all trades...     

Operation wise the Signature Series Rendu will be the same as the standard Rendu. Externally and internally we have done quite a bit to improve the units articulation and precision. Meaning jitter is way down and the sound pureness is way up. Keep in mind that the standard Rendu is already pretty darn good and these upgrades have taken almost a full year to finalize...

Jesus R

JoshK

« Reply #2 on: 14 Jul 2014, 08:08 pm »
Is there an ETA on the SS Rendu?   This is precisely the device I've been looking for.

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 18 Jul 2014, 02:49 am »
Is there an ETA on the SS Rendu?   This is precisely the device I've been looking for.

Not yet. The design is done, but we are waiting for cases....

Jesus R

barrows

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 22 Jul 2014, 10:54 pm »
I suspect that Jesus is being understated here.  The Rendu Signature is going to have a very nice, made in the USA, custom, heavy gauge chassis.  Well worth waiting for.
« Last Edit: 3 Aug 2014, 06:16 pm by barrows »

JoshK

« Reply #5 on: 26 Jul 2014, 02:52 pm »
I suspect that Jesus is being understated here.  The Rendu Signature is going to have a very nice, made in the USA, custom, heavy gauge aluminum chassis.  Well worth waiting for.

I am waiting patiently.   Well I do check the website everyday!  lol

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #6 on: 29 Jul 2014, 12:34 am »
I am waiting patiently.   Well I do check the website everyday!  lol

Update:
Case #1 is shipping today to be assembled into unit #1. This unit is going out for use in an important review.... 

Jesus R

JoshK

« Reply #7 on: 29 Jul 2014, 12:51 am »
taking pre-orders?

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #8 on: 29 Jul 2014, 01:09 am »
taking pre-orders?

Contact my VP Adrian at alebena@comcast.net and he will take your information.

Thanks,

Jesus R

JoshK

« Reply #9 on: 30 Jul 2014, 01:43 pm »
Will do.

I am mildly annoyed.  Not at you but at my DAC.   I have a Lite Audio Dac 83, which I love as I prefer dacs with multi bit dacs.  It uses 4 PCM1704s.  It also has a great discrete output stage and I2S.   

There in lies the rub.  They used a completely unconventional pinout for the I2S. 

this is the Lite dac 83 I2S pinout is below:

1 : GND
2 : GND
3 : -LRCK
4 : +LRCK
5 : -SDATA
6 : +SDATA
7 : -SCLK
8 : +SCLK

Both I2S Hiface solutions won't work, as-is.
The Lite uses + & - for each of the four I2S signals instead of the standard + & ground for each signal i.e. LRCLK+ & LRCLK- instead of LRCLK & GND.

I really wanted to be able to use the I2S connection.  I mean it isn't the end of the world, but it would have been really nice.   I don't know a great deal about digital electronics designs to know how you would convert that except by maybe center tapped transformers (a lot of them I'd imagine). 

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #10 on: 31 Jul 2014, 01:32 am »
Will do.

I am mildly annoyed.  Not at you but at my DAC.   I have a Lite Audio Dac 83, which I love as I prefer dacs with multi bit dacs.  It uses 4 PCM1704s.  It also has a great discrete output stage and I2S.   

There in lies the rub.  They used a completely unconventional pinout for the I2S. 

I really wanted to be able to use the I2S connection.  I mean it isn't the end of the world, but it would have been really nice.   I don't know a great deal about digital electronics designs to know how you would convert that except by maybe center tapped transformers (a lot of them I'd imagine).

I thought I knew all the i2s devices and in addition this is yet another unique configuration. I'll add this device to my database. Don't worry though...I think your going to love the SPDIF output on the Signature Series Rendu.

Jesus R   
« Last Edit: 31 Jul 2014, 11:20 pm by vortecjr »

JoshK

« Reply #11 on: 6 Aug 2014, 11:35 pm »
Its cool, because I am using their transport via I2S, so SPDIF will be ok.  I can't honestly say I can tell the difference yet, but I haven't critically compared.

JoshK

« Reply #12 on: 11 Aug 2014, 06:04 pm »
Sent my check in for mine.  Can't wait!

masterlogic

« Reply #13 on: 24 Dec 2014, 05:23 pm »

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #14 on: 6 Jan 2015, 11:19 am »
Hi, Will the Rendu work with PureMusic's Playthrough Mode?

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2014/06/channel-d-puremusic-playthrough-with-qobuz-spotify/

No, that software would have to be DLNA/UPNP compatible.

Jesus R

Esimms86

« Reply #15 on: 25 Feb 2015, 02:24 am »
I was wondering as to how the SSR would pair up with the Auralic Vega via SPDIF. I expect that the sound improvement would not equal what might be seen with an I2S compatible DAC but then most DACs are not I2S compatible. The CA review has the SSR paired with the new Berkeley Reference but that DAC is in a whole other realm pricewise. For the record, I have an Auralic Aries and a dedicated audio PC running Audiophile Optimizer so it would take a major step up in sound quality to get me to upgrade.

Esau

vortecjr

• Facilitator
« Reply #16 on: 8 Mar 2015, 10:07 pm »
I was wondering as to how the SSR would pair up with the Auralic Vega via SPDIF. I expect that the sound improvement would not equal what might be seen with an I2S compatible DAC but then most DACs are not I2S compatible. The CA review has the SSR paired with the new Berkeley Reference but that DAC is in a whole other realm pricewise. For the record, I have an Auralic Aries and a dedicated audio PC running Audiophile Optimizer so it would take a major step up in sound quality to get me to upgrade.

Esau

Hi Esau, what sounds better your Auralic Aries or your audio PC running Audiophile Optimizer?

Jesus R

Esimms86

« Reply #17 on: 13 Mar 2015, 08:53 pm »
Audiophile Optimizer, though it does give me choices regarding settings. The Aries is noticeably improved with the most recent firmware upgrade but there is little choice in regard to tweaking the sound. Mind you, the differences between the two are not day and night.

Esau

Rusty Jefferson

« Reply #18 on: 28 Aug 2016, 02:54 am »
I'm using my SS Rendu with a Synology nas running MinimServer and controlled with Bubble Upnp. No problems, and it sounds great. Thanks Ted!  I would like to upgrade the controller to Roon. Are there any plans to make the SSR a Roon endpoint?
Thanks.