Re: LDRx Passive Preamp Tour
« Reply #20 on: 12 Oct 2013, 12:16 am »
Thanks for the update.

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #21 on: 21 Oct 2013, 03:52 pm »
Any news on the Tour?
I haven't received the email message about my place in the tour.
« Last Edit: 21 Oct 2013, 08:58 pm by rajacat »

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #22 on: 22 Oct 2013, 05:06 pm »
Hi All,

I received the preamp on Friday and was only able to listen for a short time on Sunday. I'll give my impressions in detail when I have more time for critical listening. The one thing I can say is that it seems like I no longer have a preamp in my system :scratch:....... more to come.

Big Red Machine

« Reply #23 on: 22 Oct 2013, 06:07 pm »
Any more slots on this tour?

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
  • Innovated passive & active preamp technology
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #24 on: 22 Oct 2013, 07:13 pm »
Any more slots on this tour?
I need to get caught up on the tour list and who's up next etc. A bit behind on the tour admin. If the list isn't already too long, will consider it.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #25 on: 22 Oct 2013, 07:46 pm »
I need to get caught up on the tour list and who's up next etc. A bit behind on the tour admin. If the list isn't already too long, will consider it.

As far as the Seattle are goes if this helps, KONUT would be closest to me and then RAJACAT after that.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #26 on: 22 Oct 2013, 08:03 pm »
As far as the Seattle are goes if this helps, KONUT would be closest to me and then RAJACAT after that.

Makes sense. Let's go with that sequence for the next 2 stops. Thx.

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #27 on: 23 Oct 2013, 12:12 am »
Makes sense. Let's go with that sequence for the next 2 stops. Thx.

Groovy! Just need a heads up for when to expect it, and Rajacats address.

rajacat

• Washington State
« Reply #28 on: 23 Oct 2013, 12:23 am »
Groovy! Just need a heads up for when to expect it, and Rajacats address.

Konut,

Sounds good to me! :)

I'll PM you my address.

...Roy

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #29 on: 27 Oct 2013, 02:15 pm »
Dear LDR1 Tour Team!

The tour is underway and the current tour group/sequence is listed below. There are 14 tour members and that is it, the tour list is closed!

The sequence is subject to change since I'm still missing 2 addresses (see ??). Given the size of the tour, even if each of you take 1 week we're talking ~4 months which could well stretch into 5-6 months. I would ask that you please plan on taking no more than a week from receipt to ship.

The tour sequence listed below is geographic starting in the Northwest, then mid west, and finally the southeast before returning  home to Florida all traveled, auditioned and reviewed out.

I will PM each of you a link to a GoogleDoc spreadsheet that has all the contact info for the group. I would ask that you each edit/update your info.

Tour on!
Morten

1) gregfisk (currently has the LDR1 unit) - WA
2) konut - WA
3) rajacat - WA
4) Nick B - UT
5) Randy - WY
6) dburna - IL
7) Big Red Machine - MI
8) wirenut - OH
9) poseidonsvoice - NC
10) ssglx - NC
11) cloudbaseracer - TN
12) briang - GA
13) this_is_VV - ??
14) genjamon - ??

WireNut

« Reply #30 on: 27 Oct 2013, 05:10 pm »
Anyone having trouble opening the Google link to the tour spread sheet ?

poseidonsvoice

• Science is not a democracy - Earl Geddes
    • 2 channel/7 channel setup
« Reply #31 on: 27 Oct 2013, 05:12 pm »
Anyone having trouble opening the Google link to the tour spread sheet ?

Yes. And I pm'd Morten about it already...

Best,
Anand

WireNut

« Reply #32 on: 27 Oct 2013, 05:14 pm »
K, thank you.

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #33 on: 27 Oct 2013, 07:06 pm »
I emailed Morten as well, I don't have a google account.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #34 on: 27 Oct 2013, 07:36 pm »
Update: One dropout due to relocation so down to 13. Shuffled the sequence slightly since we now have everyone's state. Updated list below.

Also, I believe I've finally solved the google spreadsheet access debacle so if you have the link I PM'd you, you should now have full access to view/edit and not require a google account to do so.

2) konut - WA
3) rajacat - WA
4) Nick B - UT
5) Randy - WY
6) genjamon - KS
7) dburna - IL
8) Big Red Machine - MI
9) wirenut - OH
10) poseidonsvoice - NC
11) ssglx - NC
12) cloudbaseracer - TN
13) briang - GA

Dear LDR1 Tour Team!

The tour is underway and the current tour group/sequence is listed below. There are 14 tour members and that is it, the tour list is closed!

The sequence is subject to change since I'm still missing 2 addresses (see ??). Given the size of the tour, even if each of you take 1 week we're talking ~4 months which could well stretch into 5-6 months. I would ask that you please plan on taking no more than a week from receipt to ship.

The tour sequence listed below is geographic starting in the Northwest, then mid west, and finally the southeast before returning  home to Florida all traveled, auditioned and reviewed out.

I will PM each of you a link to a GoogleDoc spreadsheet that has all the contact info for the group. I would ask that you each edit/update your info.

Tour on!
Morten

2) konut - WA
3) rajacat - WA
4) Nick B - UT
5) Randy - WY
6) dburna - IL
7) Big Red Machine - MI
8) wirenut - OH
9) poseidonsvoice - NC
10) ssglx - NC
11) cloudbaseracer - TN
12) briang - GA
13) this_is_VV - ??
14) genjamon - ??

WireNut

« Reply #35 on: 27 Oct 2013, 07:44 pm »

Also, I believe I've finally solved the google spreadsheet access debacle so if you have the link I PM'd you, you should now have full access to view/edit and not require a google account to do so.

That did it, thank you  :thumb:

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
Software Upgrade to the Tour LDR1
« Reply #36 on: 30 Oct 2013, 08:20 pm »
In case you missed it, here's the link to the AC topic on improved impedance. http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=120883.msg1271974#msg1271974

By this time next week or sooner I hope to have the LDR1 software updated to reflect the improved impedance floor. I'd like to send out a chip to either gregfisk or konut ...or whoever has the LDR1 by late next week and have you take apart the LDR1 and pop in the updated microcontroller chip. The improved impedance characteristics should definitely yield better dynamics.

Cheers,
Morten

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #37 on: 30 Oct 2013, 08:46 pm »
I'm sending out the LDR1to Konut today with the help of my wife as I had an accident on Friday. I dropped a heavy and sharp 10" Henckels chefs knife on my big toe and ended up cutting the tenden in half. I had a consultation on Monday and Surgery yesterday and everything looks good.

The one good thing to come out of this is since I couldn't do much else I spent Saturday and Sunday listening to the LDR1 with a couple of different amps and also bi amping my speakers which I've been wanting to try for some time now. Sometime this week I will sit down and do a full review of what my impressions are and some insight as to what I see as the benefits of using a passive pre.

konut

• Came for the value, stayed for the drama
« Reply #38 on: 30 Oct 2013, 09:49 pm »
Sorry to hear of your accident Greg. I promise not to handle my 14" Wusthof chef knife while the LDR1 is here.
        The chip comparison should be very interesting. Would there be any danger of long term damage if the rest of the tour were to include both chips for evaluation? Is there any worry that multiple changes would harm the socket in any way?  I could totally understand if Morten wanted me to send the old chip back to him immediately as, going forward, this is how the LDR1 will be delivered in the future.

tortugaranger

• Facilitator
    • Tortuga Audio
« Reply #39 on: 31 Oct 2013, 12:05 am »
I'm sending out the LDR1to Konut today with the help of my wife as I had an accident on Friday. I dropped a heavy and sharp 10" Henckels chefs knife on my big toe and ended up cutting the tenden in half. I had a consultation on Monday and Surgery yesterday and everything looks good.

The one good thing to come out of this is since I couldn't do much else I spent Saturday and Sunday listening to the LDR1 with a couple of different amps and also bi amping my speakers which I've been wanting to try for some time now. Sometime this week I will sit down and do a full review of what my impressions are and some insight as to what I see as the benefits of using a passive pre.

No joke I was thinking of getting one of those big heavy Henckels clevers and thinking just my luck I'd drop it on my foot. Then I find out you beat me to it with 10 incher.  :cry:  Spoke to another customer today who just broke his femur while riding his bike - got sideswiped by a car.  :duh: Knock it off all of you!  Here's to a speedy recovery Greg. Looking forward to reading your feedback.

Best,
Morten