FS: Salk SongBirds

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird
FS: Salk SongBirds
« on: 4 Sep 2015, 08:38 pm »

I bought my SongBirds from an AC member Tom who lives basically in the neighborhood, so I couldn't really pass them up. They didn't quite fill the larger room I had first placed them in so I then bought my HT2-TLs which complemented the larger room more completely, displacing the SongBirds to a 2nd floor back room where they have sat basically unplayed and unloved. A shame and a waste for these beauties to sit unused.

They are in curly maple with contrasting baffles and the plinths match the color of the baffles. They have the Mundorf caps upgrade, have low hours and are still in near mint condition with the exception of a scratch at the top of the face of one of the custom baffles, something that can only be seen up close and something that Tom said happened during the manufacturing process, not during shipping or due to abuse or mishandling. I can send additional photos as needed. Needless to say, they sound just as they should and look beautiful, after all, they're Salks. I'm selling them for $750, buyer pays shipping and PayPal fees. I have the original boxes and will double box as an added protective measure. Auditions can be arranged and price reduced for local pick-up. Here are two photographs from Tom's original post; these have lived in mature, smoke-free households; both Tom and I are at the age where our turn-it-up-to-11 days are behind us. Please let me know if you have questions.

Cheerio,
KP

Tomy2Tone

Re: FS: Salk SongBirds
« Reply #1 on: 4 Sep 2015, 08:47 pm »
I remember these...they are beauties!

Curious question, are the plinths stained to match the baffles or are they painted to match? Kinda hard to tell by the pic.

JP78

« Reply #2 on: 4 Sep 2015, 09:44 pm »
Where's the neighborhood located? :)

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
« Reply #3 on: 4 Sep 2015, 10:55 pm »
I remember these...they are beauties!

Curious question, are the plinths stained to match the baffles or are they painted to match? Kinda hard to tell by the pic.

Good question, the color of the plinths does match the baffles and I'm guessing staining not painted.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
« Reply #4 on: 4 Sep 2015, 10:59 pm »
Where's the neighborhood located? :)

That would be 14620 for an audition.

Several times a year I drive to the eastern coast of NC, through central NY, PA, VA and then across NC from Raleigh, so delivery is a possibility.

Cheerio,
KP

Rocket

« Reply #5 on: 4 Sep 2015, 11:19 pm »
Hi,

These won't last long at this price.  Good luck with the sale!

Cheers Rod

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #6 on: 6 Sep 2015, 07:35 pm »
It's too bad shipping to Taiwan isn't free.  8)

I'm sure these sound as nice as they look.

Kenneth Patchen

• Volunteer
« Reply #7 on: 7 Sep 2015, 04:02 pm »
It's too bad shipping to Taiwan isn't free.  8)

I'm sure these sound as nice as they look.

Hi Michael,
I wonder if Air Taiwan would allow me to bring these carry-on when I come to visit you. Won't your wife be pleased!!
Richard

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #8 on: 7 Sep 2015, 08:22 pm »
Just bring her a couple trinkets and all will be good. We've got a guest room all set up. We're 15 mins from the int'l airport, so you can be whisked to our pad without incident. Jet lag sucks, but really sucks if you're stuck in traffic for two hours.

:thumb:
« Last Edit: 8 Sep 2015, 03:47 pm by mresseguie »