AXPONA 2013 - ModWright/Van L comments

Alleye

AXPONA 2013 - ModWright/Van L comments
« on: 9 Mar 2013, 01:06 pm »
Hey everyone - Quick report after Day 1.

Lots of good music and setups at the show. Once I made ModWright/Van L l was really blown away and honestly I fell for the Val L speakers Dan was showing with. I knew the Van L name, but honestly didn't know much about the speakers. I'd be curious to get thoughts from others who attended. Overall, it had such great tonality and ease of presentation... Basically it sounded like music. So long story short, I visited multiple rooms several times, but kept coming back to room 723 to an incredibly musical and relaxing system. I really hope Dan and John get all the good press they deserve for a "simple" setup that had a lot of synergy. Nice work guys!

On Friday they were playing the Silhouette. If anyone else makes it to the room during the weekend, please share your thoughts/feedback.

Have fun for anyone who is going!

dminches

Re: AXPONA 2013 - ModWright/Van L comments
« Reply #1 on: 9 Mar 2013, 02:04 pm »
I thought this room sounded very well too. The speakers were a little congested in the mids and lacked a little bass, but they were natural sounding and not fatiguing at all.

I did want to hear Dan's electronics with the Daedulus speakers but they are not together this show.

Dan and I chatted for a bit about what's on the horizon. Needless to say, really good stuff is on its way.

Alleye

« Reply #2 on: 9 Mar 2013, 02:36 pm »
Agreed - I really wanted to take in a ModWright Daedalus setup given all the positive comments in the past. (Guess I'll need to travel to hear them together)

roscoeiii

« Reply #3 on: 9 Mar 2013, 03:33 pm »
Thanks for the heads-up. jackman and I didn't get a chance to hit that room yesterday.

RSB

« Reply #4 on: 10 Mar 2013, 04:51 am »
I circled back to room 723 several times today, and was taken with the sound as well.  The speakers were easy on the ears, and the nodded Oppo 105 impressed me, too!

Randy

jackman

« Reply #5 on: 10 Mar 2013, 02:12 pm »
I'll add more comments later on the official Axpona thread but this room was very good sounding.  The Van El speakers sounded great and Dan's gear was very impressive.  I heard the small floor standers with the wood laminate woofers.  They sounded great and looked cool as well.  Very good room!

harley52

« Reply #6 on: 5 Apr 2013, 10:23 pm »
I e-mailed Dan regarding the Van L speakers. He had nothing but, high praise for the Sihouette/floorstander. A relaxing speaker that's not dull. It's still on my list of last speakers I'll ever buy. I'm gonna try to get off the merry-go-round and I'll be old someday soon and I'm tired of lugging equipment around.