ModWright in the Washington, DC area

Scottdazzle

ModWright in the Washington, DC area
« on: 30 Oct 2012, 08:38 pm »
If any DC area Audio Circle members would like to hear the ModWright LS-100 preamp and the KWA-100SE power amp, please send me a pm.  My home business (Viva Hifi) is located in the northern Virginia suburbs of DC.  I am an authorized dealer for ModWright, WyWires, and VPI in this area.  I also represent and demo Daedalus Audio, PI Audio, and GIK Acoustics.
 :thumb:

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Re: ModWright in the Washington, DC area
« Reply #1 on: 30 Oct 2012, 08:48 pm »
Scott,
Are you planning any MAAC sessions at your place?  Would love to hear the setup!

Phil A

« Reply #2 on: 30 Oct 2012, 08:53 pm »
Scott,
Are you planning any MAAC sessions at your place?  Would love to hear the setup!

It sounds great!!!

Scottdazzle

« Reply #3 on: 30 Oct 2012, 10:01 pm »
Rich,

The listening room is only big enough for 2 people at a time  :oops:, but I'd be glad to have you over!   :D

Phil, thanks for the compliment.  Your system sounds great too.

Scott

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #4 on: 30 Oct 2012, 10:34 pm »
Scott,
Ok after I do the qOL session down in SoMD, will scedule with you for a listening session.  I will post once the unit is here soon.  Already discussed this with my friend and he is cool witb the session at his place with the processor listening trials.

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 30 Oct 2012, 10:56 pm »
Rich,

The listening room is only big enough for 2 people at a time  :oops:, but I'd be glad to have you over!   :D

Phil, thanks for the compliment.  Your system sounds great too.

Scott

Scott, it's fine.  You can just have entertainment like pole dancing in the big room next to it.  You may have a tough time filling those two seats though :green:  In the main room with my system, I can't fit tons of people in a good spot.  I have the two chairs, can put a counter stool behind them in the open area to the kitchen and maybe squeeze in another.  Most systems the way they are set-up can't really have more than a handful who have good seats.

vinyl_lady

« Reply #6 on: 30 Oct 2012, 11:16 pm »
In the main room with my system, I can't fit tons of people in a good spot.  I have the two chairs, can put a counter stool behind them in the open area to the kitchen and maybe squeeze in another.  Most systems the way they are set-up can't really have more than a handful who have good seats.

This is one of the reasons I bought the Daedalus DA-1.1s instead of the Ulysses (Athenas were just a figment of Lou's imagination back then :wink:). The 1.1's have two tweeters offset 10 dgrees with an angled baffle which results in a very wide sweet spot and a stable soundstage throughout the room. My room is 18' wide (25' long) with a sectional couch that seats 5-6 and there is good, balanced sound no matter where you sit on the couch. I enjoy having friends over to listen and this setup works well for group listening as well as solo listening.

Laura

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 30 Oct 2012, 11:31 pm »
When I eventually move I may be able to fit a bit more on how I plan to set it up.  It's nice to have people over from time to time and hear different systems

Scottdazzle

« Reply #8 on: 29 Nov 2012, 09:37 pm »
This is a photo of my system for anyone who's interested in checking out ModWright gear in northern Virginia.  The ModWright pieces are the LS 100 preamp, the KWA 100SE power amp, and a ModWright modded Sony 9100 universal player.  Sorry about the photo quality - my fault not the camera's.