Multiple Ubers?

Audioclyde

Multiple Ubers?
« on: 22 Dec 2013, 11:41 pm »
Dave,

Congrats on the awards; much deserved!

I think I recall that someone had two Ubers, and found improvement from plugging one into the other (or maybe I dreamed that).....I'm needing some additional "Uber" outlets and was wondering if I add another Uber how I should use them?

Thanks & Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone!

Randy

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
Re: Multiple Ubers?
« Reply #1 on: 23 Dec 2013, 12:22 am »
Thanks,Randy.  I appreciate it.

As for your question:  how many outlets do you need?  Something that works really well is to plug a MiniBUSS into one of the Uber outlets.  Net gain of 5 and increased filtration.  Particularly good for digital sources and components.

Dave

Audioclyde

« Reply #2 on: 23 Dec 2013, 12:32 am »
Dave,

That should do it; I'll shoot you an email re options, etc

Thanks!

Randy

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 23 Dec 2013, 12:52 am »
Something that works really well is to plug a MiniBUSS into one of the Uber outlets. 

Dave
What's the price of that?  Also, how much less filtration is in the Mini compared to the Uber?  What are the dimensions?  Could it be smaller with one outlet but not have less filtering?

dBe

• Industry Participant
    • PI audio group, LLC
« Reply #4 on: 23 Dec 2013, 06:13 am »
What's the price of that?  Also, how much less filtration is in the Mini compared to the Uber?  What are the dimensions?  Could it be smaller with one outlet but not have less filtering?
The MiniBUSS is $299.00.  The price is more dependent on component consist not numbers of receptacles.

The Mini does not contain the reactive brick.  It has capacitive filters, an input buffer, ERS and a proprietary blend of RFI absorbing materials that include minerals, metals and organics.

Size is 7.125" x 5.375" x 3.5".  Standard power inlet is the same as the Uber and RevB - the Furutech eutectic brass gold plate IEC.  Others are available.  The 20A Powercon is a no charge option.  The 32A Powercon is a $30.00 option.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #5 on: 23 Dec 2013, 03:55 pm »
I'm running two Ubers. One for front end one for amps and preamp. Adding the Uber for the front end was a big improvement. both run off a 20amp dedicated circuit.
      Never thought of plugging one into the other. I'll give it a try and report back. Will plug front end Uber into Amp Uber oh my !

charles