VSAC 2003

modwright

• Facilitator
    • ModWright Instruments
VSAC 2003
« on: 7 Oct 2003, 08:41 pm »
Hi guys, sorry but no long show review from me - I'll leave that to the Audio Press ;).

I do want to direct you guys to pictures of our new preamp(s) though.  There are excellent pictures at www.enjoythemusic.com and at www.positive-feedback.com.

I am grateful to Steve R. and David R. for taking the excellent photos.

We had great sound in our room with our SWL 9.0 and PS 9.0 Beta linestage with outboard supply as well as our prototype Ref. 9.0 linestage.  We used our own ModWright Absolute Truth modified XA-777ES Sony SACD player and Sony 999ES player with Signature truth mods, feeding our SWL 9.0 linestage, into a pair of Wolcott tube monoblocks, driving Quad electrostatics (988's?).  Line conditioning was done by Alan Kafton's Power Wing - www.audioexcellenceaz.com.  This line conditioner is exceptional BTW and anyone in the market for a reference line conditioner with $2K+ to spend should DEFINITELY check it out.

I feel that we had excellent sound and I was gratified when John Loranger - Rangers Audio - who is the rep for the Quads and Wolcotts told me that he had NEVER had them sound as good as they did with our preamp and source ;).

For those who are interested in being Beta customers for our linestage, you will want to let me know right away as we are only making a limited number of these units for the $600 price.  Production units will be available in early '04 and will be in the $1200-$1400 range.

Thanks,

Dan W.