Short-Block with Polestar?

robertsong9

Short-Block with Polestar?
« on: 29 Sep 2012, 11:06 pm »

Steve, is this the combo you are now using? I read this in a different thread. If not anybody try this? Do the cable and filter accomplish different things? I realize the short-block severs the +5V wire so wouldn't using a cable like the Locus Polestar be overkill?

audioengr

Re: Short-Block with Polestar?
« Reply #1 on: 30 Sep 2012, 01:56 am »
Yes, I use Polestar and Short Block together.  They each do different things.  The Polestar delivers a better differential signal than a Belkin for example, and the Short-Block reduces the common-mode noise on the differential signals.

Steve N.

DaveBSC

« Reply #2 on: 30 Sep 2012, 05:10 am »
I have a question about the Short Block, does it need a USB power signal to be present in order to function? PI Audio has a USB cable that doesn't have a power leg for devices that don't require it such as the Off-Ramp, and computers with the SoTM USB card can also turn off the 5V USB power signal via a switch. Would the Short Block still work in those cases?

kyrill

« Reply #3 on: 21 Dec 2012, 08:00 pm »
The Short-Block can be used with any USB device that does not require +5V in the cable.

Steve N.

audioengr

« Reply #4 on: 22 Dec 2012, 07:03 pm »
I have a question about the Short Block, does it need a USB power signal to be present in order to function? PI Audio has a USB cable that doesn't have a power leg for devices that don't require it such as the Off-Ramp, and computers with the SoTM USB card can also turn off the 5V USB power signal via a switch. Would the Short Block still work in those cases?

Short-Block does not need the +5V in the cable.

Steve N.